Most Dominating Champion this weekend

NPSmith

Lee. Gave up his first points of the season in quarterfinals...and looked like he could spit nails after. No one else ever looked close to scoring, never mind winning.

Crazy.  I looked over and I thought he had lost.  No, he had just given up his only points for the SEASON.  Nuts. 

Objectively defining "Dominating" it is Rypel (unless I have made an error)

A fall is the most dominant win (rewarded with the most points)

• Cash
  • Rypel
  • Streck

Falls without giving up an offensive point > falls after giving up offensive points.

I don't recall Rypel or Streck giving up any offensive points, but I may be wrong; Cash gave up 2 take downs prior to pinning Lee

• Rypel
  • Streck

Then it comes down to pin in the least amount of time:

1. Rypel (1:02, :42, 1:46, 3:13; 6:43 total mat time)
  2. Streck (3:34, 1:20, 4:27, 5:34; 13:55 total mat time)

This of course changes if I am wrong about Streck or Rypel giving up an offensive point)

I think Rypel's closest match of the year was a major decision...He's tough

This season was- 43 falls, 3 tech falls, and 1 major. I know some may say that his weight class wasn't "as deep" as some of the others but there was some good competition and he tried to move around for the best matches whenever possible.

Interesting break-down Po-Tweet.

Thank you to everyone who has posted compliments about Blake. He appreciates the recognition for his hard work.

Lee. Gave up his first points of the season in quarterfinals...and looked like he could spit nails after. No one else ever looked close to scoring, never mind winning.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed this! I remember thinking: "Wow he looks oddly upset even though he just majored the kid..."

...that's Nick Lee for ya. The kid is a steel trap.

Rypel's major was vs Larson at 220. 5TD and 1E vs 3E. Larson lost to Woods 3-0. It was 1-0 with 32 seconds left in RD3. Larson was 39-4. Lost to #1 at 195, #1 at 220, #2 at 220 and had a 7-6 lost to Kral the #3 at 220. I think Rypel wrestled anyone who would wrestle him. Never ran from a fight. I know some ran from him. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.