Band of Brothers

wrestlenewbie

In Y2's article: 2015 State Finals: Take Down and Release he highlighted 7 pairs of brothers in the meet.

Lets revisit those brothers and see how they did:

Collectively they went 18-16 or .529 (slightly better than the field 264-262 or .498)

7 failed to make it past Friday night

1 8th place finisher

1 7th place finisher

1 4th place finisher

1 3rd place finisher

2 2nd place finishers

1 1st place finisher

I am wondering who are the most decorated brothers in Indiana history?

And who are the most decorated in a season? 

• Has there ever been brother undefeateds in the same season?
  • Or brother champs?

How about more than two in a single season?

The Welch twins from Castle both won in the same year a few years back.  The most decorated would have to be the Tsirtsis brothers, although not the same year.  Both 4x champs with a total of 3 losses between them (I think).

Edited by MD92

The third table one this page should bring up a few top brother combinations.

http://www.ihswca.com/matburns.htm

The list is by sibling win totals (not cousins or parents), but that usually also translates to high state tournament finishes.

When was this last updated? i do believe the Welch brothers would be #1 on this list or close to it. i believe they have in the vacinity of 540 wins between the 3. i didnt have exact numbers and am simply estimating.

only if the field includes the Brothers, which in my calculations it does not. But if you add back in the Brothers W/L then you get .500

but I just noticed that I got the field percentage right, but the W/L backward. 262-264 is what I should have typed. with the brothers 2 matches over 500 the field has to be 2 under. Sorry for the confusion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.