Brandon James

irishfb88

It was so sad to see James break down after winning his 3rd place match this past weekend. However, it does raise the question... Best to never win it? A 5th, two 3rd's, a Runner Up, and many National off-season accoladee sure seem like best to never win it numbers. What do you all think?

Has to be considered.   MD's Craig Macke with a 4th, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd (the 3rd resulting in meeting Angel Escobedo in the semis instead of the finals as he did in his junior year) to me gets the nod, but Brandon is right there in the discussion for sure.   

I would say Vince Corsaro - 3X Runner-up/4X Placer, hard to argue against him

Branden James (3rd, 5th, 2nd, 3rd) - with two wins over the champ his senior year

The Keiffer Brothers (I think both of them placed all 4 years)

Shannon Stout (6th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd)

Randy Baker (3rd, 3rd, 7th, 6th) - 3 wins over the Champ his Senior Year... Great Baseball Player as well

Craig Macke (4th, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd) - twice behind Angel Escobedo

Edited by NavyGonzo

It was really tough seeing him leave the mat after his 3rd place match, really felt sorry for him! Impressed that he came back out and wrestled like the true champion he is after suffering such a huge loss. I was equally impressed with Stevenson battling thru his many injuries to get back to the podium, a true test of his character and grit!!

Brandon is a class act. Great career I'm sure he will do well in college. He has a bright future. So tough hr has single digit losses and perry wrestles a crazy good schedule

Career losses

1. Jared brooks state semi finals

2. Tom gettinger semi state championship

3. Luke welch state quarter finals

4. Skylar lykins team state

5. Deondre Wilson 4x county,regionals,semi state, state

6. Joe Lee state semi finals

Not bad

To ask this question another way: Is James currently at the highest national ranking of any Indiana kid that never ended up winning a title?  We've certainly had nationally ranked guys lose at state, but has anyone ranked as high as James is currently finished their career with zero titles?  I can't think of anyone.

Edited by maligned

Brenden Campbell - undefeated and ranked no. 1 as a freshman before an emergency appendectomy ended his season as a freshman. Third as a sophomore and then lost two very close matches under the lights as a junior and a senior.

One of the most exciting matches I've ever seen.  Petrov vs. Campbell.  

James would be near the the top of the list.  Dolly was a beast.  Still can't believe Randy Baker never won.  Corsaro 3x runner up...wow.  Shocked he lost last year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.