Best Finals Match

Redskins

145 no question.  The match had lots of great action by both wrestlers.  I thought both really looked to score.  In the 120 match I thought one wrestler was pushing the action the entire match while the other was mainly blocking and being defensive.  The semis at 182 and 138 were very exciting as well.  Hats off to Mason Parris and Joe Lee for really bringing it as freshman.

As always, a great weekend.

145 no question.  The match had lots of great action by both wrestlers.  I thought both really looked to score.

As always, a great weekend.

Wow....extremely high level of wrestling by these two.

I understand why some guys get to the finals and wrestle conservatively or just wrestle not to lose, but these guys did the opposite and opened up and went after it. Hats off to them.

We saw an article on the board over the weekend about rivalries. I think its clear we are seeing a new rivalry blossom in Covaciu and Lawrence. Covaciu has a big lead in the win count but Lawrence has closed the gap and it would be my guess that he is interested in a title in 2016 that requires him and Covaciu in the same bracket. the semi state finals was as good between these two as the finals match at state. While the region was talking about the black/reitz matches (which were a joy to watch as well) i think many counted Lawrence out against Covaciu.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.