Red vs. Lee

rey mysterio

I would love to see Red against either one of the Lee's but it won't happen Red would never risk his undefeated career! If he had a loss already in his career then he might wrestle Nick (Nick being closer in weight) but in my opinion if he had a loss and wrestled Nick then he would have his 2nd,IMO!

These weight classes are close together for a reason, they clearly are all dominant wrestlers. Red is a junior I mean how much bigger is he going to get? As OTR mentioned Likely to see all three go up a weight class but 120 had some good wrestlers in there ill be interested to see where all those kids land

Edited by Silvertone1696

I can see a Hudkins vs. Red next year . They could of wrestled last year at 2013-2014 State & Super 32 before Brock's illness , and in the Cons. Rounds at Super 32 both in the same weight class . I see them both adding muscle . It could happen .

2016 State IHSAA Finals ... Red vs. Hudkins 126 ?

Red vs Lee match , that would be a classic . Questions to ask can Lee handle 3x Champ sick quickness , insane Technique ? Can Red Handle Lee excellent Technique ? I got the faster Red 4-3 nail biter close match . Hope both happen and would be great for Indiana Wrestling .

A Red vs. Lee could happen at Mater Dei Classic this coming winter.

Edited by TeamGarcia

Nick and Joe Lee are almost the exact same size.  Joe was way undersized this year at 138.  His ideal wrestling weight was 132.  I hope they distance themselves from each other in weight over the next 2 years so he's not wrestling up a weight again.

Nick and Joe Lee are almost the exact same size.  Joe was way undersized this year at 138.  His ideal wrestling weight was 132.  I hope they distance themselves from each other in weight over the next 2 years so he's not wrestling up a weight again.

Hopefully it goes like this next year:

Luigs 120

Egli 126

Joe Lee 132

Nick Lee 138

Blake Jourdan 145

Hopefully it goes like this next year:

Luigs 120

Egli 126

Joe Lee 132

Nick Lee 138

Blake Jourdan 145

Where does Clay Egli fit in?  How old will he be next year?  How good is Nick Brown?  Is he just stuck at a bad weight?  Lastly, I'd be really surprised if Jourdan sticks at 145, especially if he keeps playing football.  

I can see a Hudkins vs. Red next year . They could of wrestled last year at 2013-2014 State & Super 32 before Brock's illness , and in the Cons. Rounds at Super 32 both in the same weight class . I see them both adding muscle . It could happen .

2016 State IHSAA Finals ... Red vs. Hudkins 126 ?

Red vs Lee match , that would be a classic . Questions to ask can Lee handle 3x Champ sick quickness , insane Technique ? Can Red Handle Lee excellent Technique ? I got the faster Red 4-3 nail biter close match . Hope both happen and would be great for Indiana Wrestling .

A Red vs. Lee could happen at Mater Dei Classic this coming winter.

Red will not swallow his pride enough to face Nick Lee. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Red not only wants to go out as a 4x champ, but hopefully an unblemished record. He's had opportunities to make this happen, only to not take that chance.

If i was to eat my words on this issue, I'll take Nick by 5 or more.

Red will not swallow his pride enough to face Nick Lee. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Red not only wants to go out as a 4x champ, but hopefully an unblemished record. He's had opportunities to make this happen, only to not take that chance.

If i was to eat my words on this issue, I'll take Nick by 5 or more.

Wasn't N. Lee Resisted at the same weight for Super 32? I would think this match-up could happen at Fargo, Flo, or Super 32 this year. How close was Lee to 132, you say Red will not swallow his pride, but Lee could have went 126 to wrestle Red this year 2014-15 IHSWCA Team State Duals just like Red could of bumped up and wrestled N. Lee. Obviously as a fan everyone wants to see the best wrestle each other and if they don't the conversation of someone is avoiding the other person will always happen. My point is there have been opportunities for both to make this happen.

Edited by wwatson

In all honesty - I would love to see this match-up at a national event (especially in the finals) rather than at the IHSAA tournament.

I just think it is better for Indiana and would bring in more recruiting to have easily recognizable dominant wrestlers (3-4x champs). Especially ones that crush it at the national level, like Lee and Red.

Wasn't N. Lee Resisted at the same weight for Super 32? I would think this match-up could happen at Fargo, Flo, or Super 32 this year. How close was Lee to 132, you say Red will not swallow his pride, but Lee could have went 126 to wrestle Red this year 2014-15 IHSWCA Team State Duals just like Red could of bumped up and wrestled N. Lee. Obviously as a fan everyone wants to see the best wrestle each other and if they don't the conversation of someone is avoiding the other person will always happen. My point is there have been opportunities for both to make this happen.

Nick Lee was trying to win a team state title.  I'm sure he and his coaches cared more about the team than Nick cutting an extra weight class for one match.  And who is to say he could have made the cut?  I don't think Nick would avoid this opportunity, just as I don't think Chad wanted a blemish on his record for a meaningless dual meet that had already been decided.  If this match is to ever happen it will mostly likely be in the off season.

So in a dual meet does the coach let the wrestler pick his weight? Or does the coach say Chad - Nick you are wrestling here because it gives us the best chance to win. The individual tournament is there for the individual. But to me an individual wrestler goes where it is the best for the team at a dual meet. That is how I always understood it from the coaches I interacted with. So by one not bumping or the other not dropping is it really one avoiding the other or going where it is best for the team at the choice of the coach. The talk about either trying to avoid each other makes very little sense to me. I hope 16-17 year old kids are not dictating to the coaches when they will jump or drop in weight for a dual.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.