138 - JOE LEE VS TOMMY CASH

KarlHungus

Great TD action. Lee does not stop and comes out on top 2-0.

Lee cuts Cash. 2-1.  Another great TD by Lee on the edge.

4-1 after 1.    Lee dominating the action.  Lee cuts  4-2.

Cash with amazing tackle take down and sinks the half deep for pin. WOW!

Yes I'm bias and no westside kool aid. I am a fan of wrestling no matter who is wrestling and don't like poor/bad call especially to wrestlers at this level and from the Evansville area not just Mater Dei.

Ref was in great position. A quick call would have been when both blades first touched the mat. Ref waited till Cash walked to the head and rolled him FLAT on his back. Good call

Watch again Stan Brown! Very clear he was nowhere near flat.

Great TD action. Lee does not stop and comes out on top 2-0.

Lee cuts Cash. 2-1.  Another great TD by Lee on the edge.

4-1 after 1.    Lee dominating the action.  Lee cuts  4-2.

Cash with amazing tackle take down and sinks the half deep for pin. WOW!

Just my opinion but when you have two great wrestlers fighting it out why would you cut someone as in Lee cuts Cash or when Molloy cut Red.  I have seen too many matches with two great wrestlers come down to 1-2 point decisions by one wrestler cutting someone.....Ride, ride, ride until the ref calls the stalemate.

Just my opinion but when you have two great wrestlers fighting it out why would you cut someone as in Lee cuts Cash or when Molloy cut Red. I have seen too many matches with two great wrestlers come down to 1-2 point decisions by one wrestler cutting someone.....Ride, ride, ride until the ref calls the stalemate.

100% agree. Just crazy to cut in those situations and against those wrestlers. I don't get it. My only guess is adreinline takes over and the kid thinks He might major the kid. McGruff the Crime Dog says, "Safety first!"

Just my opinion but when you have two great wrestlers fighting it out why would you cut someone as in Lee cuts Cash or when Molloy cut Red.  I have seen too many matches with two great wrestlers come down to 1-2 point decisions by one wrestler cutting someone.....Ride, ride, ride until the ref calls the stalemate.

A wrestler should always try and wrestle "their" match.  Whatever strategy gives you the best chance of victory based on your strengths and weakness is what you should do.

I remember a match in which the following action occurred:  First period ends no score.  Second period wrestler A has choice and chooses neutral.  Second period ends with no score.  Third period starts and wrestler B takes down.  Wrestler A cuts wrestler B to start the period.  Wrestler A gets a takedown with less then one minute to go and the action goes out of bounds and is now leading 2-1.  Wrestler A cuts B, the match is now 2-2 and the period ends and goes to OT.  Wrestler A wins in OT with a TD. 

Was that good strategy or not for wrestler A?  Wrestler A was Andrew Howe (sophomore year) and wrestler B was Nick Walpole (defending state champ)

Cash won. Definitely the better wrestler tonight. Great job. Interesting that Cash "caught" Lee, but Lee didn't "catch" James. Truth is.. All three are phenomenal wrestlers and deserved a state title today. Congrats to Cash, Lee, and James for tremendous seasons/careers!

Who said anything about james getting "caught"? James was behind when he got pinned.

Cash was behind when he won. He saw an opportunity and capitalized.

What does deserve have to do with it? I thought outcomes were determined by performance within the rules.

Your arguments are preposterous

Who said anything about james getting "caught"? James was behind when he got pinned.

Cash was behind when he won. He saw an opportunity and capitalized. I am not minimizing his win, but your "better wrestler" was getting dominated.

What does deserve have to do with it? I thought outcomes were determined by performance within the rules.

Your arguments are preposterous

Match was 4-2 when the fall happened, would of been 7-4 if Lee survived and got off his back. Lee was winning but not dominating, looked really tuff though. I was a little disappointed that when Cash was doing his interview that some fans were booing, as if he did something wrong... have a little class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.