returning champs losing?

Reitz up a couple weight classes which is hard to do.

Stevenson battling injuries.

Konrath, James, and Oglesby battled hard and went down swinging for sure.

Testament to the depth and quality of the tourney this year and certainly not a lack of effort/skill/determination on these guys parts. Each one of them battled til the end.

Reitz up a couple weight classes which is hard to do.

Stevenson battling injuries.

Konrath, James, and Oglesby battled hard and went down swinging for sure.

Testament to the depth and quality of the tourney this year and certainly not a lack of effort/skill/determination on these guys parts. Each one of them battled til the end.

You could lump konrath in there with battling injuries

Keep in mind while Konrath did have the injury, he lost to Hildebrandt who is a senior and a very good one.  Konrath beat Hildebrandt last year in the quarters 4-2 in SV.  I'd say they are two pretty evenly matched wrestlers.  No reason to hang your head.  Props to Drew for making the most of his senior year so far.   

Keep in mind while Konrath did have the injury, he lost to Hildebrandt who is a senior and a very good one.  Konrath beat Hildebrandt last year in the quarters 4-2 in SV.  I'd say they are two pretty evenly matched wrestlers.  No reason to hang your head.  Props to Drew for making the most of his senior year so far.

Drew Hildebrandt is a Junior

Bumping up from 103/106 is always tough. Some people can do it and others struggle a little.

Look at Cody Phillips for example, 2X state champ at 103 and then gets 3rd the next year at 112. Followed by an Inj Default out his senior year.

But CJ wins at 106, bumps to 120, and is just as dominant if not more his sophomore year.

Depends a lot on the kid.

Bailey was up the same and did well. Reitz seemed like he hasn't worked to hard at practice.

Jeremiah or are you referring to the school? Jeremiah is a monster he ran in to a tough one Friday night but the kid is as slick as they come on his feet. He had to miss last summer with injuries so in sure he will be nasty next season.

If your talking about ferguson guy was injured most of the year it's pretty remarkable how well he did in a short season

How often were you in the Panther's wrestling room for practice?

Was I attacking? No. I was simply saying he didn't wrestle like he did last year. He waited till the end to wrestle so calm down.

How often were you in the Panther's wrestling room for practice?

Was I attacking? No. I was simply saying he didn't wrestle like he did last year. He waited till the end to wrestle so calm down.

Saying he doesn't work hard in practice is attacking. Jer is a great kid and even to get where he was this year is a pretty tremendous accomplishment.

Any qualifier is great! But all I said is it looked like a kid who didn't. He simply did not look aggressive. I thought this was a place for opinion?

Any qualifier is great! But all I said is it looked like a kid who didn't. He simply did not look aggressive. I thought this was a place for opinion?

Rough year! Jer is one of the hardest workers in the field! This kid had a serious injury with a huge recovery time. That can effect a person in a lot of ways! He will be back next year with a mission, I wouldn't advise intentionally getting in his way to anyone! Flo is the place you want to peak!  ;) 

The problem is that you identified his loss as being part of his not working hard, which you clearly have no evidence to back. It honestly just makes you look foolish and wanted to point out the obvious. I got the opportunity to see him wrestle 8 times this year, Friday wasn't his best day, had nothing to do with him not working hard, he got beat by a game wrestler.

I suppose this thread is why I do not read or post too often. Emotions can test character when a wrestler is your child, someone you are close to, or someone you coach. I am in no position for defense. Thank you to those kind words previously posted. I can post a long list of obstacles that Jer has overcome or has dealt with , that has compiled, and resulted. I guess those would be excuses and we (especially Jer) will have none of that. Setbacks and adversity are what defines our lives. Its a tough pill to swallow, but the emotions run way deeper upon failure than victory. Finally, in 2 years, he is 100% with an open road ahead, and I foremost pray that it stays that way. The one thing not mentioned is that Tyler Fergusson won a very important match and is a very good wrestler. And also has overcome , as I have been told, hisown obstacles and setbacks. In a field of 10 returning state placers, there was going to be some heartbreaks. Another arguement for wrestlebacks maybe, idk. Working hard? Oh geeze. Im out.

I suppose this thread is why I do not read or post too often. Emotions can test character when a wrestler is your child, someone you are close to, or someone you coach. I am in no position for defense. Thank you to those kind words previously posted. I can post a long list of obstacles that Jer has overcome or has dealt with , that has compiled, and resulted. I guess those would be excuses and we (especially Jer) will have none of that. Setbacks and adversity are what defines our lives. Its a tough pill to swallow, but the emotions run way deeper upon failure than victory. Finally, in 2 years, he is 100% with an open road ahead, and I foremost pray that it stays that way. The one thing not mentioned is that Tyler Fergusson won a very important match and is a very good wrestler. And also has overcome , as I have been told, hisown obstacles and setbacks. In a field of 10 returning state placers, there was going to be some heartbreaks. Another arguement for wrestlebacks maybe, idk. Working hard? Oh geeze. Im out.

The problem is that you identified his loss as being part of his not working hard, which you clearly have no evidence to back. It honestly just makes you look foolish and wanted to point out the obvious. I got the opportunity to see him wrestle 8 times this year, Friday wasn't his best day, had nothing to do with him not working hard, he got beat by a game wrestler.

Saying he doesn't work hard is a slam on a 16 year old kid. How does a kid get to his level without a great work ethic?

AS I SAID, he is a great wrestler but he got out worked. I yelled and yelled cheeering Reitz on. He is a class act. Youre correct, I dont know what hes been through but it hurt as a former wrestler to see a young man fall short. He got out worked. Now the last period. WOOO He went after it. If he couldve done that the entire time. He was a 2 timer. Respect out to Jer. My apoligies. I guess all that sh* came out wrong. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.