caleb bocock

Dingo Brigade

Some folks have had a lot of negative things to say about the Lebanon junior, but I saw him do something very admirable after his 3rd place match at New Castle. Right after beating Rutledge of Southport for 3rd, he spent time showing Rutledge some techniques and even drilled with him for a while. In this day and age of extreme competitiveness and 'not showing your cards' to your opponent, I thought this was good sportsmanship in its clearest form and I wanted to commend him. I think he's been unfairly targeted by some people. That doesn't mean he's perfect or not responsible for his less ideal behaviors, but I've seen him a lot and I think he's a good kid and a really tough competitor. Just wanted to shine a little light on something positive.

I am glad someone else noticed and brought it to everyone's attention.  Caleb is a great kid, works hard in the room and is the first one to try and teach his teammates and others.  He may let his competitive spirit get the best of him at times, but the boy loves this sport.

He is a good kid!! I noticed him drilling with his opponent after that last match as well. He is a child and he will make mistakes but he ALWAYS works hard to try and correct those mistakes, including how he handles wins/losses. He is passionate about this sport and I feel he is no more unsportsman like than a whole crowd of fans from a certain school boo'ing him all day and cheering on his opponents just to spite him. That also didn't go unnoticed by me. We are proud of you Caleb and can't wait to see you wrestle this weekend!! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.