Question for those long in the tooth

SIACfan

Does anyone know what was the first year for the Evansville SS & the last year for the Seymour SS?

I stated in a different topic that I had attended every SS in E'ville. It got me wondering if that was an accurate statement. I've been to every EVV SS since 2000. And I know that back in my day that this SS was in Seymour, but I don't know for sure that it was never any where else in between the two sites.

Thanks in advance for any info any of you have on this topic.

PRESENT

Chairman Phillip Gardner, Vice Chairman Priscilla Dillow, Mike Blackburn, Dale Crafton, Dan Cunningham, Sue Keenan, Michael Powell, Janis Qualizza, Steve Riordan, Cassel White, Directors Dennis Eller, Michael Necessary, Joseph Trimboli, Commissioner Bob Gardner, Associate Commissioner Ray Craft, Assistant Commissioners Blake Ress, Sandy Searcy, Theresia Wynns, Sports Information Director Jim Russell and Attorney Robert Baker.

MINUTES

Minutes of the Sept. 9, 1999 and Sept. 15, 1999 meetings were presented for approval. A motion for approval was made by Michael Powell; seconded by Mike Blackburn; motion passed 10-0.

1999-2000 WRESTLING TOURNAMENT SERIES

Assistant Commissioner Ress reported on the general format, sites and other preliminary plans for the 1999-2000 Wrestling Tournament Series. The recommendations included the following changes in host sites:

Regionals

To North Montgomery From Greencastle

Semi-States

To Evansville Central From Seymour

Due to the recommended change of the semi-state to Evansville, it was proposed the following sectionals be re-routed through the Evansville Semi-State: Brownsburg, Decatur Central and Greencastle. Conversely, it was proposed the sectionals at Batesville, Franklin County and Rushville be re-routed through the New Castle Semi-State.

A motion to approve the recommendations for the wrestling tournament series was made by Steve Riordan; seconded by Janis Qualizza; motion passed 10-0.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.