Any anticipated dark horses to watch for this weekend?

Unknown Caller

I've got 2 guys on my radar with double-digit losses who were 4th in their semi-state who I could see pulling the 4 over 1 upset and making a run all the way to the semi-finals.

At 126,

Chris Diaz- Hammond Clark (10 losses) over Nathaniel Weimer (East Noble) and then over the Melloh (Cathedral) vs. Young (Madison) winner.

At 160,

Tristan Goering- SB Riley (11 losses) over Dezmen Goddard (Warren Central) and then over the Weimer (East Noble) vs. McDaniel (Tecumseh) winner.

Edited by BrokenTowelRack

At 220, do not count out the 3 sophomores. Larson from Avon was there last year as a freshman. Only losses this year are to Woods, Rypel and Morrow. Ellis from Eastern Greentown lost in the ticket round last year at SS. He only has 2 losses this year, Hinkle and Guerra. Scroggs from Martinsville has a very impressive ISWA record and was once a Sports Illustrated spot light kid for wrestling. We will all see these 3 for a few more years. 

I've got 2 guys on my radar with double-digit losses who were 4th in their semi-state who I could see pulling the 4 over 1 upset and making a run all the way to the semi-finals.

At 126,

Chris Diaz- Hammond Clark (10 losses) over Nathaniel Weimer (East Noble) and then over the Melloh (Cathedral) vs. Young (Madison) winner.

At 160,

Tristan Goering- SB Riley (11 losses) over Dezmen Goddard (Warren Central) and then over the Weimer (East Noble) vs. McDaniel (Tecumseh) winner.

Your radar is broken.

I was extremely impressed by the 2 Laf Jeff flyweights Miller and Anderson. Not sure about their draws but those 2 looked good. Coming from the Logan regional and not being named Lukaszka they haven't received much pub. Both long/strong and technically sound.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Cainan Schaefer #17 could do quite a bit better than his rank.

120 is about as easy to predict as winning the lottery 3 days in a row.

126 I think this guy named Chad could make a little noise if he plays his cards right and has a spunky enough outfit.

I was very impressed with Schaefer. He is as mentally tough as they come. I also loved watching South Dearborns 113... By looking at him, I assume he only weighs 100lbs? If so, he would obviously be behind Schaefer on the depth chart. He was very tough too.

I think Marquis Schieber at 152 from Jimtown has been a dark horse during this whole state tournament .Marquis was seeded 4th at sectionals and went on to win the Elkhart sectional,Goshen regional,and placed 2nd at the Fort Wayne semi state.I think he has a good shot to win his match Friday night.

Edited by JHS15195

If someone has the name or video of the move Vaughn used for the late take down vs a tough Jack Chastain in the semis, please share.

It was called scramble your brains out!  I thought it was over when Jack had him lifted.

Awesome job by him!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.