The IHSAA Owes a Public Explanation

hook and half

One legal tactic, when a case is being lost, is to intentionally affect a mistrial.  The reset button gets pushed and a new trial begins.

Is this what happened in Merrellville?  Someone did not like the draw and released the brackets knowing that it would affect a redraw?

Maybe, maybe not.  Prove me wrong.

This is the problem.  Does the IHSAA have codified rules in place stating that if brackets are released early, that they will be redrawn?  If so, they need to come forward and show their policy.  That will put this to bed.  

Otherwise, I recommend that you get a copy of the draw and see whether or not it is favorable to your team.  If it is not, circulate the draws, affecting a new one.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

This stinks to high heaven.  

I just posted this....

I just talked to a pretty highly important person as in someone that helped put together the brackets.

First off, if you have any questions feel free to contact the IHSAA and they can answer your questions directly.

The change of the brackets was not in any way shaped by Merrillville's handing the sheets out or by IndianaMat releasing them. Those were the brackets sent to TrackWrestling to preload into the system. When they gathered on Sunday to put together the brackets they realized that they were different than the ones that were already posted. They then made the decision to keep going with the "new" set of brackets.

Non of the merrilville draws changed so it the brackets didn't effect that: maybe it was a simple mistake. Overall it doesn't matter in a single class system you will have to beat a tough Friday night wrestler either way

Sorry to say, but almost any SS champ would rather draw a FW#4 than the other SS's #4

So Saturday the Merrillville printed brackets were correct and the trackwrestling online brackets were incorrect.  Then Sunday the Merrillville printed brackets became incorrect and the trackwrestling online brackets became correct.

I couldn’t explain this if I tried.

The brackets were correct on TrackWrestling on Saturday night

I just posted this....

I just talked to a pretty highly important person as in someone that helped put together the brackets.

First off, if you have any questions feel free to contact the IHSAA and they can answer your questions directly.

The change of the brackets was not in any way shaped by Merrillville's handing the sheets out or by IndianaMat releasing them. Those were the brackets sent to TrackWrestling to preload into the system. When they gathered on Sunday to put together the brackets they realized that they were different than the ones that were already posted. They then made the decision to keep going with the "new" set of brackets.

Joe-

Please clarify.

The IHSAA has some method of drawing the brackets.  The draws were reflected in the brackets posted by Indiana Mat.  

When they gathered on Sunday, the brackets they had were different from the ones that were drawn, so they arbitrarily changed the brackets.

Is that correct?

This is what was told....

The brackets I released Saturday were intended to be the brackets that were used. The formula was sent to TrackWrestling to preload into the system. That formula was loaded and everything was fine and dandy.

Sunday morning in a meeting with the commissioners, tournament director, and any other important person they were to do the brackets. I assume this is just a rehash and double checking so there are not errors.

After doing a weight or two they were "confused" that the brackets were different. They then realized it was a different formula. Then they needed to make a decision whether to go ahead with the new one or use the original intended formula. They decided to use the new one.