State 4 over 1's and Death Draws

irishfb88

Some possible 4 over 1 seeds I see are

106-

Diep over Davis (Diep could win that group of 4)

120-

Egli over Black (but Black is hot right now)

132-

Eldred over Laughlin

Death Draws

120-

Ferguson vs. Reitz (going with the defending state champs on this one)

160-

Koontz vs. Baumgartner (idk the state of Baumgartner's health, so I'm going with Koontz)

182-

James vs. Davison (going with the senior here)

152 - Dunn vs. Swank (these might be the #3 & #4 wrestling to just place) This is a crappy draw.

Don't know anything about Dunn , but Swank is on fire as of late . 4 of his 5 losses are to Tommy Forte . The other loss was early in the season to Christenson from lake Central . Swank majored him Saturday in the semifinal of the Merrillville Semistate . Swank beat Armuth(Harrison) earlier in the year in OT . Saturday in the ticket round , Swank was majoring him and then pinned him . Should be a great match with Dunn . 

Edited by M109R

Don't know anything about Dunn , but Swank is on fire as of late . 4 of his 5 losses are to Tommy Forte . The other loss was early in the season to Christenson from lake Central . Swank majored him Saturday in the semifinal of the Merrillville Semistate . Swank beat Armuth(Harrison) earlier in the year in OT . Saturday in the ticket round , Swank was majoring him and then pinned him . Should be a great match with Dunn .

Swank and the LC was a pretty good match till swank put him on his back. I believe the LC kid was winning, then swank opened it up with a few tilts Edited by Mr. Right

Just my opinion best chance for 4 over 1s...

106 Diep over Davis

113 none

120 Egli over Black

126 None

132 Carden over Vaughn

138 None

145 Schnell over Lawerance

152 Michaels over Berkebile

160 Caudle over Gray

170 None

182 None

195 None

220 Choate over Morrow

285 Shafer over Swartz

Sorry if I miss spelled anyone's name.

In the 4s vs 1s I could Kleimola over Paris happen.

You must not have seen Parris wrestle any this year. This kid is an unbelievable athlete. Throw his age out the window, because he beat some very good wrestlers Saturday at New Castle. He beat Stewart 3-1 bit was never in danger of losing, then pinned James, and beat Morales 7-3 in a match that Morales was trying not to get pinned. I can't wait to see him and Osborne!

You must not have seen Parris wrestle any this year. This kid is an unbelievable athlete. Throw his age out the window, because he beat some very good wrestlers Saturday at New Castle. He beat Stewart 3-1 bit was never in danger of losing, then pinned James, and beat Morales 7-3 in a match that Morales was trying not to get pinned. I can't wait to see him and Osborne!

The "Boy" is the real deal.

I've heard a lot of people predicting Egli upsetting Black. Brendan Black is wrestling as well as anyone right now and all three losses are to Reitz who would still be number one if Black hadnt handed him three losses of his own. Egli is going to have to wrestle a near perfect match to knock out Black.

Edited by Silvertone1696

Don't count the Delta boys out! Coy is a stud, he has matured and has made a full comeback from his broken arm! As for Gray, he has competed fairly well on the national level, remains calm during the battle and is mature beyond his sophomore age, I wouldn't look for him to stumble Friday night!

Garpow stood out to me and my buddy who were at the SS as well, we found ourselves rooting for the kid after he turned the tables on Guerrero of Portage and pinned him. Don't remember the score but I believe Guerrero was winning. And the 6-5 loss to Osborn was so close I felt for the kid.

He responded by devastating Kleimola in the 3rd place match needing just 57 seconds

Dunn has 2 losses. 1 to Koontz by 1 point at 160 (Dunn wrestled up for the competition) and another to Kemper by 1. This should be a very good match both are built similar and have similar styles.

Black and Reitz could be the top 2 in the weight, but they haven't faced any of the top Evansville guys this season. Likely not even many common opponents. And there are probably very few people that have been able to watch multiple matches from the best Evansville and Merrillville kids due to the distance, so it's hard to gauge how they'll all compare with each other.

Regardless, it will be the most fun weight at Banker's Life where the top 8 could go just about any given way.

Last year I. The tourney reitz stuck egli in the 1st

and this summer Black stuck Gomez in the 1st so they arent complete strangers to your Evansville boys but i agree gonna be fun

Black and Reitz could be the top 2 in the weight, but they haven't faced any of the top Evansville guys this season. Likely not even many common opponents. And there are probably very few people that have been able to watch multiple matches from the best Evansville and Merrillville kids due to the distance, so it's hard to gauge how they'll all compare with each other.

Regardless, it will be the most fun weight at Banker's Life where the top 8 could go just about any given way.

Last year I. The tourney reitz stuck egli in the 1st

and this summer Black stuck Gomez in the 1st so they arent complete strangers to your Evansville boys but i agree gonna be fun

Haha "my Evansville boys." I live so far up north that I'm about 10 minutes from Michigan. I'm just making predictions. I wouldnt be surprised or upset if Hatch, Black, and Reitz all ended up winning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.