Bracket Fiasco 2015

Y2CJ41

They shouldn't even release the brackets at all do pairings table side

That's a joke If they are released why does it matter

I think this refers to my post....Thats not exactly what I meant....I meant that the RELEASE should be just released through track...then everybody gets it at one time, not sporadically like it sounds happened this time, where one semi state got the "formula" before the others were even finished or b4 the Merriville tourney was even finished...if that is wrong, then my mistake..thats how I understood the situation....and I didnt mean do pairings mat side...I was just asking how the information is entered into track wrestling, is it done manually by semi state or how?

I don't like how charger.dad came on this thread and started making heavy accusations about the people that run this site. Then when he gets called out on it he starts backtracking and apologizing.

Or he was trying to find out what happened and gave a scenario where *gasp* Indianamat made an error!

Strangely enough, as i read the thread and his comments I interpreted him to be questioning the source of the brackets rather than IndianaMat. The brackets had to come from somewhere so i assumed he was wondering if whoever was distributing the info (to Indianamat and to whoever had them in Morrisville) had it incorrect initially. That would certainly explain his question which began "is it possible". Perhaps there is more history than I know but I thought it was fair to state there is an alternate interpretation possible.

I don't like how charger.dad came on this thread and started making heavy accusations about the people that run this site. Then when he gets called out on it he starts backtracking and apologizing. 

if you don't like it, why don't you confront him in person at Banker's Life??  Wait, you will be too busy sneak filming Cosgrove, from across the gym with your 100X zoom camcorder....

if you don't like it, why don't you confront him in person at Banker's Life??  Wait, you will be too busy sneak filming Cosgrove, from across the gym with your 100X zoom camcorder....

I think you missed his sarcasm.

That wasn't at you it was just me being sarcastic at he entire thread what's the difference of indianamat putting them on the site or every kid tweeting or face booking it out it's not the 80's where you had to have someone's direct home phone number to tell them I feel bad if your bracket changed for the worse but IndianaMat releasing the bracket isn't the fault.

+1

This has gotten a bit ridiculous. The brackets released Saturday night were credible and what was posted was an exact interpretation of the formula that was mistakenly released. Was anyone upset we got to see the brackets earlier than usual? Probably not. Some official jumped the gun and the IHSAA likely changed the formula to maintain the integrity of the tournament.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I took from this "fiasco"

Why don't they just redo them again and end the madness?

You could change them 100 times, and no matter what there will be bad draws and people crying. Deal with it and move on. Someone jumped the gun, the IHSAA did the right thing and redid the brackets to try and uphold the integrity of the draws. Most changed, some did not. It is a misfortune for some, but in order to win State this weekend you are going to have to beat that other great wrestler either in the semis or finals. Win your match if you want to be under the lights.

Edited by littlevito

You could change them 100 times, and no matter what there will be bad draws and people crying. Deal with it and move on. Someone jumped the gun, the IHSAA did the right thing and redid the brackets to try and uphold the integrity of the draws. Most changed, some did not. It is a misfortune for some, but in order to win State this weekend you are going to have to beat that other great wrestler either in the semis or finals. Win your match if you want to be under the lights.

Agreed, you have to wrestle your best this weekend

There is a very high ranking IHSAA official at Merriville. I do believe it is a HUGE deal if it cost whoever a chance at even an 8th place medal. Getting to stand on that podium as one of the best in the state is the ultimate goal for these wrestlers. If bc of cheating at one of the semi states switches what draw a kid should have had compared to another is wrong. If the IHSAA did mess this up then punishment should start with Faulkens and start its way down to the official who was present at Merriville should be fired.

If I understand this correctly, someone with the IHSAA made a mistake by releasing the formula too soon & someone at the Merrillville SS made a mistake by then forwarding this info to the coaches. Pretty much unforgivable on both counts but it appears it happened.

So everyone just has to live with the brackets the way they are now. Bad & fortunate draws happen every year. If some wrestlers went from a fortunate draw to a less fortunate one as a result of the restructuring, that sucks but thats life. Let's just make sure this never happens again & good luck to all the wrestlers next weekend.

I just talked to a pretty highly important person as in someone that helped put together the brackets.

First off, if you have any questions feel free to contact the IHSAA and they can answer your questions directly.

The change of the brackets was not in any way shaped by Merrillville's handing the sheets out or by IndianaMat releasing them. Those were the brackets sent to TrackWrestling to preload into the system. When they gathered on Sunday to put together the brackets they realized that they were different than the ones that were already posted. They then made the decision to keep going with the "new" set of brackets.

So rather than correcting the mistaken formula that was inputted into TrackWrestling with the actual one created for this years event they just went with what was already on Track.

No mess up by Merrillvilles tournament staff or the IHSAA then.

No conspiracy to get a better draw.

It just a matter of laziness on their part to not move quickly and fix the error they made by using the wrong formula in Track.

Edited by MattM

So rather than correcting the mistaken formula that was inputted into TrackWrestling with the actual one created for this years event they just went with what was already on Track.

No mess up my Merrillvilles then.

No conspiracy then.

It just a matter of laziness on their part to not move quickly to fix the error in the Track formula.

There was no error in the formula. The one they gave out at Merrillville was correct...until Sunday morning. When the commissioner came in with the formula they started putting the brackets together and realized they were different.  They actually could have kept them the same as they had to do more work to change them.

That is the worst explanation. So now they are admitting to having 2 sets of brackets in front of them looking and making a concerted effort on which one to use. Look! Good luck to all of the elite wrestlers that have advanced. You are the best of a very special group of athletes. I hate politics. (In a garfield the cat voice)

Sounds like the brackets are fine, but the behavior of pre-releasing the random draw should still be dealt with, in my opinion.

We obviously need to bring back the briefcase handcuffed to an undisclosed person from the IHSAA, rather than putting draws out on the interwebs.

Also, I want to see a photo of the mysterious IHSAA operative "pink lady"

heavy accusations?......are you kidding me?.....wow you are worse than Y2 at reading something into my questions and statements that obviously wasn't there.....and there was no backtracking or apologizing on my part bud......nothing to apologize for......and lastly if you don't like it, well you know what you can do about that......