Wrestling Room Size

Dr.Malcolm

I am looking to put together some info.

Who has the largest room in the state?

Who has the smallest?

What is the average?

If you want to post your rooms size I plan on making a spread sheet. I think this will be interesting to see who has the biggest room vs how successful of a program. And vice versa.

This is for a presentation I plan on giving.

Edited by Dr.Malcolm

Square footage or just how many mats it can fit. Coaches statistic doesn't matter to much to me. This is for a presentation I would like to give for proposing a new room. My school, unamed for the time being, fits two pieces of a 3 piece mat and has on average 30 wrestlers on the team.

Rossville, 1 (Small) mat wall to wall door to door no coaches office to review matches with wrestlers...but with our 7 kids it works but hard to build a program with nowhere for kids...but we'll make due!! Ive seen Champions come from worse...and we share 1 room for High School and Middle school.....

Square footage or just how many mats it can fit. Coaches statistic doesn't matter to much to me. This is for a presentation I would like to give for proposing a new room. My school, unamed for the time being, fits two pieces of a 3 piece mat and has on average 30 wrestlers on the team.

Edited by fanatic46041

Wrestling room? What is that? At Tecumseh we roll  one 42 x 42 mat out in the cafeteria each day. That is the only space I have for high school, jr high and elementary wrestling. There is a 15 x 25 foot room they call the wrestling room. 6 years ago when we only had 4 wrestlers we practiced there. You can fit 6 guys in it to practice if they are not very big guys.

Edited by chambers

Clinton Prairie room is very nice. Count the lights 217 Clinton Prairie won there first ever Conference championship this year. They also have 54 kids in there club!!! So looks like they are growing and getting better ;) the room hold 13/4 mats with offices and locker room

Madison holds 2 full mats and then some. I think it's 100x50, But if your deducting coaches size then it we'd lose some serious footage.

Yea it is 100x50 we have two mats plus we have coaches office thats also is used for storage thats about 10x25

Columbia City has an old middle school and currently our Tech school's gymnasium/basketball court covered in 2 full mats if needed.  Can also get 2 slices long ways if we need more.  Averaged between 20-25 wrestlers the last 5 years. 

Since 1996 Seymour has had a room with 2 full mats.  Much better than the 1 small mat room we had previously.

Jennings County still has to pactice on the upper shelves of their basketball gym with the bleachers pulled back.  It's crazy that one of the best annual teams at that school, one of the top teams in the state this year, and a wrestling team with one of the largest participation rates on average in the state doesn't have their own wrestling room.  I guess they have done well making due with what they have.

Edited by MattM

Merrillville room is pretty big. I'm not quite sure how many full mats it holds but I just remember having to squint to see others on the other side

4 full mats with some left over space on the end to fit a set of the roll away aluminum bleachers. I have been told it was pretty much designed by Tom Cameron when he was the Head Coach.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.