Merrillville needs a new announcer

fanatic46041

I wasn't at this years tournament but I know in the past they have been reasonable. I've been to some kids tournaments that were way overpriced.

And if you think it was overpriced at Merrillville wait until this weekend.

Good point on overpriced food at the state tournament.   But I enjoyed the $9.25  bar-b-que nachos i got last year at the state tournament and plan on overpaying again.

There is a perfect venue in the Region for it but it's in a far from perfect location. The Gary Genisis center had the seating and he facilities. Really pretty nice. It's just that whole security thing but it's not all that far from mville. If they had upgraded security it would be very good. It is bigger than the civic c enter and I think mville hs is bigger than the ARC at VU. Rumors of a large convention center coming to either Crown Point or Hobart have been heard which would be connected to a hotel so we shall see.

9/11 happen, that is why there is a no cooler policy.

Ok let's think this through, they won't allow coolers, for fear of terrorism, but every kid in that place carries a huge book bag around. I'm confident that 9/11 is not the reason. If it was intended as a joke I missed it and apologize. If not your theory is flawed.

Edited by sportsfangms

more people would to watch the semi state throughout the day if there were seating. hahaha i found a nice warm white round toilet seat i sat on for a good twenty minutes saturday it was nice and calm in there, and had a few others to talk to as well ;) 

HAHAHAHA... Cosgrove you so cray cray

What about the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville?

It only has room for one mat but the seating is superb. 

StarPlazaTheatre450.jpg

I know what happened. Its capitalism  by forcing all the spectators to utitlize the  Merriillville over priced concession stand.

I would be interested to see a price comparison of food and drinks at the other Semi-State venues.  Can anybody tell me what the price of the following items were at Merrillville, Ft.Wayne, Evansville, and New Castle?

Pop

Slice of Pizza

Hot Dog

Nachos

Gatorade

Water

I would be interested to see a price comparison of food and drinks at the other Semi-State venues.  Can anybody tell me what the price of the following items were at Merrillville, Ft.Wayne, Evansville, and New Castle?

Pop

Slice of Pizza

Hot Dog

Nachos

Gatorade

Water

Probably Merrillville prices are comparable to most local concession stands, and of course lower than Bankers Life.   It was an easy jab, but I do think the cooler rule at Merrillville is to force patronization of the  concession stands.

I would imagine that they don't allow coolers at Merrillville because you can barely find a place to sit in the early rounds and it is probably a safety hazard. I don't think it has anything to do with forcing patronization of the concession stands...

I would imagine that they don't allow coolers at Merrillville because you can barely find a place to sit in the early rounds and it is probably a safety hazard. I don't think it has anything to do with forcing patronization of the concession stands...

I can see the space thing.   But safety Hazard?  Dangersous coolers.

They allow you to leave and re enter I know it's not the best if your wrestling but put a cooler in you car or bus and go back and forth I went to my car 5 times to out my phone on the charger

They allow you to leave and re enter I know it's not the best if your wrestling but put a cooler in you car or bus and go back and forth I went to my car 5 times to out my phone on the charger

I went outside once Saturday and I'm pretty sure my lips about froze off! It was like Hoth out there!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.