Interesting Friday Night Matchups

InSpectator

The battle at 106 will be for second. This will be the most lopsided of all weight classes. Including 126. Wait and see...

As for 106, some are predicting it to be the "most lopsided" weight class at state. No one at 106 is ranked #1 in the nation (as Red is). No one at 106 has even been ranked in the nation like about a half dozen (or more) others at state. A 7-3 win is not a butt kicking by any means. Just because you've beat some one 4 times (non a major) doesn't mean a 5th is a guarantee. Schaefer may have that unassuming baby face look but is as solid as "ANYONE" at 106. If anyone at state looks passed him they will end up just like Diep and Anderson! All of my state placers have the tools to knock off the #1 and win it all. But there is still a #1 and for very good reason. But to say "most lopsided" well they just don't know the entire weight class. You will see......

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

As for 106, some are predicting it to be the "most lopsided" weight class at state. No one at 106 is ranked #1 in the nation (as Red is). No one at 106 has even been ranked in the nation like about a half dozen (or more) others at state. A 7-3 win is not a butt kicking by any means. Just because you've beat some one 4 times (non a major) doesn't mean a 5th is a guarantee. Schaefer may have that unassuming baby face look but is as solid as "ANYONE" at 106. If anyone at state looks passed him they will end up just like Diep and Anderson! All of my state placers have the tools to knock off the #1 and win it all. But there is still a #1 and for very good reason. But to say "most lopsided" well they just don't know the entire weight class. You will see......

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

Diep v Triana should be a good one if they both win Friday night.

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

Micic was ranked 1st in the nation last year but definitely did not have the most "lopsided" performance of the tournament last year. Just sayin'

As  for Interesting Friday Night Match-ups

182 - Andrew Davison v Conner James... Got to be close to the most interesting,

• #3 v #4 -
  • both have only lost to 1 other wrestler year 
  • combined record of 82-3

brutal draw here....

Rook

Murphy

Cummings

Anderson

Schaefer

Mills

Diep

Triana

Okay. Then I'll bite and "go out on a limb" and just predict Cummings majors the field. JMO

Edited by MCKAJC

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he majors the field, though it is a tough task given the environment and the quality of opponents.  That said, I do think he wins easily this weekend.  I'd say nobody comes within 5 points.  He's already dominated the #2 and #3 best guys in the state in my opinion (Rooks and Triana).  He appears to be considerably quicker, stronger, and definitely meaner than the rest of the 106's I've seen this year, and that's no knock on the rest of the kids in the state.  Colton is just THAT good.

Edited by BrokenTowelRack

Rooks only lost to Cummings 7-3 at Al Smith

If you saw that match you know it really wasn't that close. Rooks does look very good though. Very tough and a long body.

I think 132 will be the most one sided of all. It wouldn't really surprise me to see Nick Lee tech or pin his way through. I think for total package he's my fav. No show boating, great sportsmanship, and just seems built proof on the mat. IMO Indiana's best ambassador for the sport. And just a Soph!!

Edited by MCKAJC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.