big upsets

Dingo Brigade

Bethel by fall over Brayton Lee in the ticket round.

Bethel moved out to a huge lead very quickly. B. Lee made what was looking like a very impressive comeback effort to give him a chance to pull off the win. But in the last few seconds Bethel was able to get the fall as Lee was trying to find some more points. By all accounts an impressive effort shown in that match. Edited by MattM

Elmore with another win over Bassemier to send the senior home. Only 2 loses this year and both to Elmore

This was the worst officiated match I've seen at any semi state I've Been to. Match ended with what looked like a bassemier win, Elmore argues to the ref that there was a locked hands. This argument should have been a point against elmore, but turned out to be a locked hands against bassemier about a minute after the match was over. Second, bassemier scored a clear takedown in the first overtime that was a no call. Elmore turned around and scored a clear takedown with 3 seconds left in the first overtime, was called and overruled. Both wrestlers wrestled hard and both fought hard, but over time never should have happened In the first place.

This was the worst officiated match I've seen at any semi state I've Been to. Match ended with what looked like a bassemier win, Elmore argues to the ref that there was a locked hands. This argument should have been a point against elmore, but turned out to be a locked hands against bassemier about a minute after the match was over. Second, bassemier scored a clear takedown in the first overtime that was a no call. Elmore turned around and scored a clear takedown with 3 seconds left in the first overtime, was called and overruled. Both wrestlers wrestled hard and both fought hard, but over time never should have happened In the first place.

I agree it was a bad officiated match but it was 100% locked hands. I was yelling it when it happened.

I agree it was a bad officiated match but it was 100% locked hands. I was yelling it when it happened.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.