Can you recertify after your initial fat assessment?

Major Ursula

This is a million dollar question to me. If the answer is yes I may be a millionaire. If the answer is no I'm still a thousandnaire. For instance let's say I started the season at 119.2. My body fat percentage said I'm allowed to get as low as 115.6 however when I had my physical the doctor wrote a note that stated I could wrestle 113. Not by cutting weight but by using a proper a nutrition program can I recertify?

Edited by CommWayne

if the doctor signs off at 113 why would you need to recertify?

The doctor "signing off" is worthless. If you are under 7% body fat the doctor needs to sign a form saying the athlete is healthy and is naturally lean.

It comes down to the body fat test plain and simple. If the body fat test says they can go 113lbs, then the wrestler can go that weight. The only addition to that is if the wrestler starts with over 7% body fat AND a parent note is signed that states the wrestler can lose an extra 2% of their body weight. In this case the athlete missed being able to wrestle 113lbs by about .3lbs. 

The doctor "signing off" is worthless. If you are under 7% body fat the doctor needs to sign a form saying the athlete is healthy and is naturally lean.

It comes down to the body fat test plain and simple. If the body fat test says they can go 113lbs, then the wrestler can go that weight. The only addition to that is if the wrestler starts with over 7% body fat AND a parent note is signed that states the wrestler can lose an extra 2% of their body weight. In this case the athlete missed being able to wrestle 113lbs by about .3lbs. 

correct...its the parent that can sign off for the extra 2%.

but if he is still short then he is screwed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.