Middle School State Registration

Coach Peck

I was looking this up on trackwrestling and it shows the deadline as 2/14/15. You might want to update trackwreslting so it coincides with what your saying here on the board, as some not on here, won't get that info and wait til Friday or Saturday to sign up with the deadline shown. If they wait, they won't sign up in time and could hurt your #'s some. 

2015 IHSWCA Middle School State 02/14/2015 08:00 p.m. C.S.T.

rules dont state you can't. i know you can only wrestle at MS 3x and can not reg as an 8th grader twice.

exmaple for 3x:

wrestled as 6th grader

wrestled as 7th grader

wrestled as 8th grader

exmaple for 8th grader twice:

didnt want to wrestle as 6th grader, so skipped or missed tournament

wrestled as 7th grader

wrestled as 8th grader

can't come back the next year and wrestle as 8th grader again

Edited by DLane

I checked it today too and realized it is still open and the registration count is still growing. I don't think I've seen a bracket break the 64 man mark here, but if registration stays open until Saturday, the 105-125 brackets could get up there. 

Should make for a fun day of wrestling though. 

Edited by sslaymon

When do you think we will begin doing a middle school series that spans over 2-3 weeks?  Break things down to regionals, semi state then a final state tournament?  This would be good prep for soon to be high school wrestlers rather than one long day, one shot brackets.

When do you think we will begin doing a middle school series that spans over 2-3 weeks?  Break things down to regionals, semi state then a final state tournament?  This would be good prep for soon to be high school wrestlers rather than one long day, one shot brackets.

Never

All the areas in the state have different times for their middle school seasons, that would be a disaster.

Never

All the areas in the state have different times for their middle school seasons, that would be a disaster.

Yea, the school seasons vary quite a bit and trying to get many to sign up for one and then to continue from a section to regionals would be pretty difficult for those that would have to travel a great distance. 

I think this tournament is pretty good preparation for the next level. After the first few rounds when the lesser competition is weeded out, the strong contenders really make it a difficult day. Once you get to placing, they have a pretty good chance of doing well in high school level. 

Can a 16 year old 8th grader REALLY wrestle at Middle School State?  Wow.

I was curious about that as well, but after looking through quite a few resources, there is nothing preventing a 16 year old 8th grader from competing at the Middle School level. Once in High School you should expect a 14 year old Freshman to possibly wrestle an 18-19 year old Senior, but in Middle School it is quite possible for an 11 year old 6th grader to wrestle a kid who could have driven to the meet.

My question is how would he be academically eligible? I would assume there would have been academic issues that would create this type of situation. 16 in middle school would also be pushing the max age of 20 for IHSAA sports.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.