Evv semi state potential ticket round matches

1prouddad

One has to believe Nick Lee is the returner who is the "lock". Brayton Lee looked very good (dominant really)  this past weekend, but I can't imagine anyone being on the same level as Nick right now. Plus, I'm sure Oglesby can't be considered a "lock" with all that talent in the Evansville Semi-state at HWT. I didn't think he looked particularly dominant against York last weekend or Biddle (both one point wins). Don't get me wrong, surely he's the favorite, but I don't think he'll be the lock. 

I agree that Nick should be a lock but I don't think that is how it will ended up. Why not Lydy if you say it's cause of Stevenson then you have to take Joe Lee off as well do to Todrank. But it is all hypothetical

Because Stevenson won a state title last year while Lydy lost in the ticket round.  

Edited by Y2CJ41

Because Stevenson won a state title last year while Lydy lost in the ticket round.  

Last Year is different then this year. Lydy has won twice. I am just trying to work through who the locks are, and that is why I said that you were right Lydy has a better chance of losing than Scott. 

No one has scored an offensive point on Nick Lee this entire year.  How much more of a lock can there be?

You are right I think Nick should be a lock, but it is the 1 and 2 ranked in the State.

Last Year is different then this year. Lydy has won twice. I am just trying to work through who the locks are, and that is why I said that you were right Lydy has a better chance of losing than Scott. 

You are right I think Nick should be a lock, but it is the 1 and 2 ranked in the State.

I didn't notice you posted both of those. I feels you.

No one has scored an offensive point on Nick Lee this entire year.  How much more of a lock can there be?

I don't care what anyone else is ranked.  Nick is "on another level" and "going to make some noise".  He will NOT lose and really won't be tested.  

So what happens if B lee beats him? Or even tests him Brayton is pretty good also. I know nick is good BLee has beat chatsain and knapp 2 returning medalist and is a Ihpo champ before wrestling a high school match. Your right the ranking doesn't matter but maybe some respect for a freshman who is doing what nick did last year.

Lol nick Lee will tech fall everyone he faces. No disrespect to ANYONE but he is on a different level then anyone, and there are very few that's ever been on his level. I hope someone does give him a match. Kinda gets boring watching him dominate everyone lol.

Edited by Wrestling4EVER

I take it all back. L is for Lee. L is for Lock. Nick and Joe are my only two guesses. Maybe double locks and they take all four.

If you're trying to say Joe is a lock for state champ, then you are setting yourself up for a huge let down. Nick would be the only one here at SS that I would put in as a lock, but I think it's going to be a battle with B Lee.

Something's that were brought up in the hangout that I think was interesting Nick already being made a state champ without winning yet, that the lock are do to votes by different reps, and that 106 is future stars.

First I agree that there are some that talk a good game for Nick and we did last year as well. But we need to remember that it's not Nick or any of his Family doing the talking. By no means should anyone make accuses for him if Braydon beats him. Nor do I think he would make accuse or will he take a "honorary" title either. Great kid and I don't personally think he will tech him. But I do think he will win.

Second how do I get in on these votes... No I'm just kidding but I was surprised that Blake Jourdan got a nod. No offense to Blake but I can see if him and Barlow meet up in the semifinals their styles may clash and not in Blake's favor.

And last 106 the last two years has been this way. 2014 106lbders Reitz, Bailey, Konrath, Egli, Hildenbrandt, Cummings... Etc look at their continued success. But yes there are some stud and I haven't seen Rooks or Hunt this year but Miller is a big 106 lbder.

Should be fun let get after each other this week cause we all know come next week we got each other's back as the south proves we can produce just as good of wrestlers as anywhere else.

Edited by In The Bleachers

First I agree that there are some that talk a good game for Nick and we did last year as well. But we need to remember that it's not Nick or any of his Family doing the talking. By no means should anyone make accuses for him if Braydon beats him. Nor do I think he would make accuse or will he take a "honorary" title either. Great kid and I don't personally think he will tech him. But I do think he will win.

I don't think people will accuse him of anything.  No excuses. 

Grammar aside, you make a good point, In The Bleachers. They hold the matches for a reason. We can crown anyone we want on a forum and they will hold the tournament anyway to see who actually wins. That said, I crown N Lee. UnapologeticLee, UnrepententLee.

You are also right that he is a no excuses guy. I think everyone at this level is. That is how they get to this level. Honest assessments of their talents and their weaknesses leads to harder work that produces results.Can't wait to see what those results are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.