crown point regional match ups

IN.34

113 should be an interesting class. Austin Line(30-7) #6 SS of Valparaiso won the CP sectional by edging out Johnathan Moran(21-6) #7 SS of CP by a margin of 4-3.

What makes this an interesting lineup is the LP sectional had itself an upset when Kyle Garouette(25-4) of New Prairie was upset 7-5 by upstart frosh Skyler Gomez(7-14) of LaPorte. Gomez got himself a tough matchup though with Lucas Finger(23-5) of Lowell. I see that going Finger's way. Garouette now faces Moran and while it will be a tough match I think Moran knocks him out in what will be a marquee first round matchup. Junior Josh Jensen(17-15) of Chesterton claimed the LP title and got himself a pretty tough matchup first round with Jack Walton(16-4) of Andrean. This match is another doozy but I'm gonna take the champ to hold it down. Finger over Jensen for third and I like Line to claim the regional.

Oh the 120 class: I see this as a pretty clear cut two horse race. Jack Tolin(20-3) of Chesterton heads a field which includes fellow DAC foe Austin Torres(23-6) of Crown Point. Ranked 6th and 9th in the Mville semistate, respectively, this should be a very balanced match. I'm taking Tolin purely for the sake of prediction. Torres is a senior and Tolin just a soph so we will see if the youngster can keep a great season alive with a regional crown.

The fight for 3rd place will be an interesting battle. Zach Galvan(21-14) of Lowell has a seemingly tough draw in senior Steven Smith of North Judson(19-5). I have to wonder about schedule strength here but I like how Smith wrestled to get to the championship, beating a 20 win wrestler from Michigan City for a berth in the sectional final. Ill take Smith over Galvan in a close one. Avery Blake gets by his first round matchup Lucas Major(18-15) and in the 3rd place match Ill take Blake over Smith in a close one. Watch out for Galvan however, who could easily prove me wrong a snatch up that 3rd place. Only time will tell.

126: There are just two ranked wrestlers (SS) in this field and perhaps unfortunately for both wrestlers those two would meet in the semis if the rankings hold. CP winner Tristan Dembowski(31-9) #5 SS of Valparaiso and Chris Trent(31-7) of New Prairie should create some fireworks. And you can be sure Trent will be looking to make a statement after suffering a pin to Zach Wells(21-8) of LaPorte in the LP championship.

The other semifinal carries another good matchup if Wells and Noah LaMore(22-7) of Crown Point make it out of the first round. Ill take Wells because of his impressive pin over Trent. In the 3rd place match I'm going with LaMore, but I this appears to be an even match on paper so it's an educated guess at best. In the finals Ill take Dembowski over Wells.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.