Goshen Regionals

busstogate

2 good wrestlers won't be making it to semi-state. At 106 Whitman/Moore first round at 152 Howe/Grim. Good competition at 220 and 160 as well.

The top 3 at 220 are very strong, but I doubt there will be much drama.  Guerra's clearly out front of everyone, and it would take a huge shock for anyone but Paz and Summers to be 2/3. 

A nice 138-lb first-round match is semi-state #7 Byler vs. #10 Waite.

The top 3 at 220 are very strong, but I doubt there will be much drama.  Guerra's clearly out front of everyone, and it would take a huge shock for anyone but Paz and Summers to be 2/3. 

A nice 138-lb first-round match is semi-state #7 Byler vs. #10 Waite.

Guerra is a beast. I think you have it right. Summers had Paz's number early on in the season but now that has switched. They are 2-2 against each other now but will either one be able to get past Guerra? Gonna be a great day of wrestling in Goshen this Saturday.

In all fairness, Paz was leading Guerra 4-2 early in their match. It didn't matter as he was still reversed and pinned, but it shows he's good enough to give Guerra a scare.

Oh, really?  I didn't actually see the match.  I just knew he had controlled Summers easily and that Paz/Summers are even and that he pinned Paz...so I just assumed he had dominated.  Maybe having to wrestle them back-to-back will get him off his game in one of the matches and someone will give him some excitement.

not to sure about anyone getting him off his game......he seems on it right now......you know, peaking at the right time (making some noise).......lol......last time he and woods wrestled i believe he was up on him but let it slip away right at the end......tough kid (and a very nice kid) who would represent the title of state champ very well.....

106 - Tanner DeMien, Hunter Whitman, Christian Mejia, Blake Hoyer

113 - Garrett Pepple, Blake Glogouski, Kyle Mockensturm, Trevor Boyce

120 - Marcus Mejia, Cole Long, Hector Flores, Jaylyn Yoder

126 - JD Greathouse, Nate Weimer, Alex Steele, Mason Cross

132 - Connor Knapp, Fernando Luevano, Jamal Scott, Riley Rasler

138 - Jay Franko, Xavier Van Allen, Hunter Leskowyak, Lane Waite

145 - Tony Vaughn, Doug Levits, Logan Williams, Nathan Housholder

152 - Taylor Grimm, Marquis Schieber, Garrett Griffin, Ronnie Longbrake

160 - Jacob Weimer, Phillip Mathiak, Jed Levitz, Kyle Burns

170 - Nick Ritchie, Austin Bontrager, Brady Johnson, Jacob Baker

182 - David Eli, Oscar Reyes, Joey Blakely, Austin Evans

195 - Michael Leonard, Jared Tucker, Jarod Hayes, Draven Rasler

220 - Eliseo Guerra, Derek Paz, Kaleb Summers, Nicholas Babyak

285 - Brock Bergman, Isaac Barrios, Braxton Amos, Nick Mammolenti

I expect pepple to major everyone at least. No disrespect to any of them but he is on another level and won't be denied this year.

He sure didn't major Glogouski. He won 4-2, but great showing and a few more seconds and it may have been a different match!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.