Castle regional picks

1prouddad

Ferguson isn't hurt.

So are telling us that he has not wrestled the past couple of months because he was? From what was put out he did seek trainer attention after the finals. I hope he is 100% for regionals that way we see a good match between him and Egli and if Egli wins people won't be able to say he is still hurt.

I say that Ferguson and Egli will be the best match of the tournament. neither one wants to have a chance to draw Hudkins for the Ticket Round. I am not saying that Hudkins will definitely beat either one, cause I am still not convinced on that. But who would really want to take that chance. So I say Yes Ferguson Wrestles and Yes Ferguson wins. that is just my opinion. 

Ferguson has only lost to Garrett Pepple (4-2) and DJ Smith (twice 7-5 & 5-2) in the past two years.  I have no idea how he may have been set back this season, but I'm looking forward to seeing where things go the next few weeks.  Do we know how the SS brackets will draw out or is that determined after the regional?  Hudkins, Egli and Ferguson all at the Evansville SS should make for some fireworks.

Ferguson has only lost to Garrett Pepple (4-2) and DJ Smith (twice 7-5 & 5-2) in the past two years.  I have no idea how he may have been set back this season, but I'm looking forward to seeing where things go the next few weeks.  Do we know how the SS brackets will draw out or is that determined after the regional?  Hudkins, Egli and Ferguson all at the Evansville SS should make for some fireworks.

After regionals. Don't forget Gomez in there as well

I think Egli and Ferguson could both place at state very easily.   Not knowing Feguson's health or conditioning its hard to say who wins.   Had Feguson been healthy the whole year I'd have him as top 5 in the state.   It would be a real shame if the loser of this match draws in to Hudkins at S.S.

Paul Petrov

Brenden Campbell

Mason Todd

Adam Garcia

Luke Welch

Alonzo Shephard

Sam Goebel

Erique Early

Not to mention Cody Phillips who did not wrestle at state due to injury.

I would have to say that I think this year is more stacked. Just my opinion.

This year's 120lb class is the deepest weight I can recall in recent years.

I agree.  It is deeper than in 2012.  14 returning qualifiers.  10 returning placers.

Maybe not as good of a top 8 as 2012 though.  We shall see.  Only 5 of the aforementioned 14 returning qulaifiers are Seniors.

Paul Petrov

Brenden Campbell

Mason Todd

Adam Garcia

Luke Welch

Alonzo Shephard

Sam Goebel

Erique Early

Not to mention Cody Phillips who did not wrestle at state due to injury.  

Cody Phillips wasn't 120, he was 126

Would Alex Johnson @ 126 fall into the "nobody close" category as well? How close is Clopton to him? What was the result of their match in the dual this season?

Would Alex Johnson @ 126 fall into the "nobody close" category as well? How close is Clopton to him? What was the result of their match in the dual this season?

Burke from North has beat clopton. Wouldn't count him out.

I would have to say that I think this year is more stacked. Just my opinion.

It isn't at our regional though.

Welch, Johns, Goebel, and Johnson. These guys were four of the top 5 in the semi-state. Unfortunately for Johnson, Shepherd was there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.