145-Schnell Jourdan McCormick Williams

152-Farmer ONeal Miller Kemper

160-Lockyear Buedel Brown McDaniels

170-Jeffress Jochim Huelsing Forzely

182-Dekemper Winge Bassmeier McKinnley

195-Lamar Anslinger Lytle Barclay

220-Kyles Wilderman Choate Clem

Hwt-Shaw Ripple Page Butler

How healthy are Ferguson and Konrath?  113 could be interesting if Konrath is not at full strength.  Luigs loss to Dilbeck means he'll see Konrath in the semifinals, which could send him to 3rd place and not in a great position in the SS.

I almost said that migth be the worst prediction I have seen but then i read "no particular order in finish"

I'd say its pretty accurate.

I did post as much, then I saw yours and went back and saw "no particular....".   Had to edit quickly.  Ha ha.     I thought he had some serious Kastle Kool Aid to drink before typing that list!

Didn't want to take that much time to put them in order( but I can give it my best shot)

Konrath definitely wasn't 100%. Only won 6-1 in finals against a guy he normally techs( not taking anything away from Horty as he's improving with every match)

Ferguson came off the mat in the finals grimacing.

I hope both are at better strength for the upcoming battles.

A couple of the matches could swing either way:

Horty vs Willis

Todrank vs Wargel

Also, where was Connor Willis?

106 - Annakin 1st, Miller

113 - Konrath 1st, Dilbeck

120 - Egli 1st, Ferguson

126 - Johnson 1st, Clopton

132 - Lee (nobody close), Bethel

138 - Lee 1st, Todrank

145 - Jourdan 1st, Schnell

152 - Kemper (nobody close), Farmer

160 - McDaniel 1st, Lockyear

170 - Forzley 1st, Jeffress

182 - Bassemier 1st, Dekemper

195 - Anslinger 1st, Lytle

220 - Clem 1st, Kyles

Hwt - Butler 1st, Shaw

106 - Annakin 1st, Miller

113 - Konrath 1st, Dilbeck

120 - Egli 1st, Ferguson

126 - Johnson 1st, Clopton

132 - Lee (nobody close), Bethel

138 - Lee 1st, Todrank

145 - Jourdan 1st, Schnell

152 - Kemper (nobody close), Farmer

160 - McDaniel 1st, Lockyear

170 - Forzley 1st, Jeffress

182 - Bassemier 1st, Dekemper

195 - Anslinger 1st, Lytle

220 - Clem 1st, Kyles

Hwt - Butler 1st, Shaw

Pretty good picks with Central sectional champs taking all but 2 weight classes

I'll bump that to 4 with the following

Ferguson over Egli

Kyles over Clem

106:  CA, NP, MD, MV

113:  MV, GS, MD, ME

120:  RE, MD, ME, GS

126:  MD, CA, RE, NO

132:  MD, MV, NO, PR

138:  MD, CA, GS, RE

145:  MD, CA, ME, MV

152:  CE, CA, MD, PC

160:  TE, CA, MD, PC

170:  MD, CA, ME, HH

182:  MD, MV, BO, TE

195:  TE, MD, CA, SS

220:  GS, HA, MV, MD

285:  MD, SS, TE, PC

Would Alex Johnson @ 126 fall into the "nobody close" category as well?   How close is Clopton to him?   What was the result of their match in the dual this season?

Yes, I would put him in that category as well.  Maybe not to the degree that nobody is close to Nick Lee, but I think he majors the field without question.  

Pretty good picks with Central sectional champs taking all but 2 weight classes

I'll bump that to 4 with the following

Ferguson over Egli

Kyles over Clem

I will take it to 5 with Lockyear over McDaniel at 160.

Kyles will not beat Clem.  I'm not saying Clem is a "lock", but I'm pretty sure Clem takes it.  Egli/T-Ferg will be a nice match.  IMO Egli wins that match by pushing the pace in the first two periods.  I just can't imagine that Ferguson has the gas tank he will need.  Ferguson is a very good wrestler, but Egli has had a nice year and is a huge step up in competition from the Castle sectional at 120.  I can't see Lockyear over McDaniels either.  I would be shocked if McDaniels doesn't win the title. 

I definitely don't see McDaniels losing.

The Egli/ Ferguson match was a tough one to pick. Egli is on fire this year. Ferguson came off the mat grimacing in his finals match and straight to trainers table. Will he be 100% in time to face his toughest match thus far? We shall see.

I definitely don't see McDaniels losing.

The Egli/ Ferguson match was a tough one to pick. Egli is on fire this year. Ferguson came off the mat grimacing in his finals match and straight to trainers table. Will he be 100% in time to face his toughest match thus far? We shall see.

I think the Egli vs Ferguson match will be the match of the day. I would not even make a pick on this match because there are too many variables. Both wrestlers are outstanding.

Egli will win by decision or by injury default so Ferguson can save himself for semi state and wrestle enough to make it to state and then he goes for broke. At least that's my opinion and after seeing Simms do it a couple years ago I think it's a good possibility.

Egli will win by decision or by injury default so Ferguson can save himself for semi state and wrestle enough to make it to state and then he goes for broke. At least that's my opinion and after seeing Simms do it a couple years ago I think it's a good possibility.

I was pulling hard for John up in Indy that year. Nothing against Chad, but I wanted to see Simms get it done so bad. I see the Ferguson situation playing out exactly as you've described it. At 120, I'd definitely want to take a 1 seed up to state, though. 

Ferguson isn't hurt.

I see the Ferguson situation playing out exactly as you've described it. At 120, I'd definitely want to take a 1 seed up to state, though.

I understand wanting a #1 placement vs a #4 at state tourney under normal circumstances...however, as you mentioned, these are not normal circumstances.

I have to believe a guy like Ferguson is not worried about facing anyone on Friday night at state (or Saturday for that matter).

To paraphrase another Indianamat poster...he just has to qualify for the tourney and then "go for broke".

You gotta love this time of the year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.