Logansport Regional

fanatic46041

top 4 in order

106.) Anderson, McCarthy, Randell, Webb

Anderson looks really tough and with the right draw could make it to state

113.) Miller, Johnson, Ordway, Ball

Miller is a big, tough senior who could place at state..the ticket round match between Ball and Zaldivar will be one to watch

120.) White, Porter, Grimes, Watson

White seems to be ahead of the field..also if there is a rematch between grimes and Watson, hopefully it doesn't come down to a locked hands this time

126.) McGreevy, Ragen, Wade, Erdman

Yes, all LJ sectional. this group is all so close and could be in any order

132.) Strawsma, Jones, Carden, Alvarez

ill take Jones over Carden, leading into a repeat of the LJ championship match, with strawsma pulling out a close one, I feel as if the first match up was a lot closer than the score showed

138.) Lukaszka, Grammer, Widner, Morgan

Lukaszka really impressed me at Sectionals, he could make a good run this year. Grammer and widner will be a very close match with the winner facing a very tough Lukaszka

145.) Schrock, Pullins, Easterday, Adams

Schrock seems to be the clear favorite here

152.) Armuth, Mayhew, Jones Russell

Based on records this will be a very exciting match between two very tough kids

160.) Fritz, Pusey, Skomp, Haywood

Fritz and Pusey have similar styles, this is one you don't want to miss

170.) Mote Pruitt, Munson, Mathis

Mote still doesn't look like his old self, but that wont stop him from a Regional title, also Mathis pulls off the 4 over 1 upset

182.) Wright, Garpow, Embery, Baldwin

This weight will have close matches throughout the day

195.) Brown, Kidwell, Collins, Conley

This is a tough weight to pick any order, all have an equal chance of winning

220.) Meyer, Rogers, Watts, Trent

Rogers pulls off a big upset(he took a tough Meyers to a 4-3 match at sectionals) Meyers picks it up and finishes the day strong

285.) Kern, Hopkins, Reinhart, Crosser

Kern is still ahead of the field and should get a Regional title.

Just my thoughts, could be wrong but I have it as LJ sectional gets 39 through, compared to TL having 17.

Lets hope for a good day of wrestling, and I wish everyone the best of luck.

top 4 in order

106.) Anderson, McCarthy, Randell, Webb

Anderson looks really tough and with the right draw could make it to state

113.) Miller, Johnson, Ordway, Ball

Miller is a big, tough senior who could place at state..the ticket round match between Ball and Zaldivar will be one to watch

120.) White, Porter, Grimes, Watson

White seems to be ahead of the field..also if there is a rematch between grimes and Watson, hopefully it doesn't come down to a locked hands this time

126.) McGreevy, Ragen, Wade, Erdman

Yes, all LJ sectional. this group is all so close and could be in any order

132.) Strawsma, Jones, Carden, Alvarez

ill take Jones over Carden, leading into a repeat of the LJ championship match, with strawsma pulling out a close one, I feel as if the first match up was a lot closer than the score showed

138.) Lukaszka, Grammer, Widner, Morgan

Lukaszka really impressed me at Sectionals, he could make a good run this year. Grammer and widner will be a very close match with the winner facing a very tough Lukaszka

145.) Schrock, Pullins, Easterday, Adams

Schrock seems to be the clear favorite here

152.) Armuth, Mayhew, Jones Russell

Based on records this will be a very exciting match between two very tough kids

160.) Fritz, Pusey, Skomp, Haywood

Fritz and Pusey have similar styles, this is one you don't want to miss

170.) Mote Pruitt, Munson, Mathis

Mote still doesn't look like his old self, but that wont stop him from a Regional title, also Mathis pulls off the 4 over 1 upset

182.) Wright, Garpow, Embery, Baldwin

This weight will have close matches throughout the day

195.) Brown, Kidwell, Collins, Conley

This is a tough weight to pick any order, all have an equal chance of winning

220.) Meyer, Rogers, Watts, Trent

Rogers pulls off a big upset(he took a tough Meyers to a 4-3 match at sectionals) Meyers picks it up and finishes the day strong

285.) Kern, Hopkins, Reinhart, Crosser

Kern is still ahead of the field and should get a Regional title.

Just my thoughts, could be wrong but I have it as LJ sectional gets 39 through, compared to TL having 17.

Lets hope for a good day of wrestling, and I wish everyone the best of luck.

Slightly higher than my prediction for TL Sectional but agree with most but 195 kidwell has to be the favorite here...and 126 Definitely the closest with those 4 most competitive weight class in the Regional...

Slightly higher than my prediction for TL Sectional but agree with most but 195 kidwell has to be the favorite here...and 126 Definitely the closest with those 4 most competitive weight class in the Regional...

At 195, Kidwell looked tough last week as that heel pick was slick.  Collins didnt have an answer.   I would favor him over Brown.

Dont see Rogers getting past Elliott at 220.  I think the  Meyer -Rogers score was 8-3, at least thats what Track says.

126 does looks fun, but if Ragen wrestles like he did last week, I see similar results as sectional.

152-  Armuth is dialed in and has been working his tail off.  Hes going to make sure a false start wont cost him the #1 seed at semi-state this year.  

I see Strawsma-Carden at 132.   This should be one of the more anticpated matches.

Wright vs Garpow will a good match.  But Wright should tough it out.

We cant go into the Logansport regional without any predictions or at least comments from Devil Dog. Where is the Dog at?

Ha thanks for the callout! The dog has been gone the last 2 seasons so as bad as I want to make weight class predictions I don't have enough knowledge this season to do so!!!

I will say that the TL sectional is being greatly underestimated & I think there could be a few upsets along the way. I'll say that Lafayette will send more through but it won't be a total domination like some are calling

I wish I could attend today but I'm at Notre Dame for a graduate school visit all day

I want to wish all the North White wrestlers good luck! Sad that this will be Coach Holemans final regional as a HC! Jerry is 1 of the best men & best coaches I have ever met he will truly be missed!

Fight like hell boys!!!

Devildog is busy maintaining his 4.0 GPA at Ball State where he's also the baseball manager. He plans to be at Bankers Life buying as many smoothies as he can!

I am definitely looking forward to bankers life & all the fun of state finals weekend!! Of course the smoothies cannot be forgotten!!

Exciting finish.......Looked to be Laf. Jeff all day......sending 9 to semi=state......won the 1st two championship matches......one by pin.......then lost all remaining 7 championship and 3rd place matches......Lafayette Harrison takes first lead of the day by one pt. with 220 class win.....Harrison wins 5 of 7 championship and 3rd places matches with two pins to pass jeff and win by a slim 5 pts........Harrison Hwy. wins 1-0 in 4th OT.......Wow!!  Harrison sending 7.....Benton Central 4....

Thank you and yes I understand your point. Region cards are nothing special! We wrestle those same kids all summer long. Good wrestlers yes beatable of course. Cole win or lose of course I'm proud either way but let's remember he has been a ticket rounder since a freshman. This year losing is not a option. His mentality of himself and wrestling is the difference this year a long with no weight cut. In the past we have cut 15 to 20 pounds a season this year it's eat everything wrestle hard.Kids*

For as much grief as this regional takes I wouldn't say they under performed. They had finalists at 6, 13, and 70. 2 qualifiers at 32 and lost very close ticket round matches at 20, 38, 82, and 285. If they win those close matches they send 11 to state which would be respectable. Two of the finalists are returning next year as well as strawsma, who was third. Regional runner up Jeff finished 10th with two runner ups, not great but solid. This regional is improving and has the potential to send 10 kids next year which would be big for them.

For as much grief as this regional takes I wouldn't say they under performed. They had finalists at 6, 13, and 70. 2 qualifiers at 32 and lost very close ticket round matches at 20, 38, 82, and 285. If they win those close matches they send 11 to state which would be respectable. Two of the finalists are returning next year as well as strawsma, who was third. Regional runner up Jeff finished 10th with two runner ups, not great but solid. This regional is improving and has the potential to send 10 kids next year which would be big for them.

Also the West Lafayette 220 pounder also lost a last second match in the ticket round.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.