Watson

Porter

Grimes

(Watson Sleeper)

126-Ragan

Erdman

Wade

McGreevy

(This weight repeat of Sectionals and could have any 4 win or finish 4 very close)

132-Carden

Jones

Alvarez

Strawsma

(Carden Strawsma finals)

138-Lukaszka

Morgan

Grammer

Widner

145-Schrock

Easterday

Adams

Pullins

152-Armuth

Jones

Hart

Mayhew

160-Fritz

Skomp

Haywood

Pusey

170-Mote

Munson

Pruitt

Mathis

182-Wright

Garpow

Watson (upset)

Baldwin

195-Kidwell

Collins

Conley

Brown

220-Meyer

Trent

Watts

Elliott

Hwt-Kern

Crosser

Hopkins

Clark

Laff Jeff Sectional Advance 43

Twin Lakes Sectional Advance 13

Laff Jeff Sectional 13 Champions

Twin Lakes Sectional 1 Champion

Ouch........Lafayette Sectional pretty solid with tough Harrison team which was really pushed to the limits this year but Twin Lakes Sectional has some studs........overlook us and you will Pay......Actually not from Twin Lakes but have a buddy who coaches there..........

Definitely see Fritz but feel there are some others to contend with.........What are the best weight classes coming out of Twin Lakes and Lafayette Sectionals ?? Just Asking because I heard 106,  132,138,170,and hwy. were loaded with at least 3 mostly 4 solid kids out of Lafayette........

Ouch........Lafayette Sectional pretty solid with tough Harrison team which was really pushed to the limits this year but Twin Lakes Sectional has some studs........overlook us and you will Pay......Actually not from Twin Lakes but have a buddy who coaches there..........

Not overlooking, just Opinions feel free to post on who from that Sectional has beat others from the Jeff Sectional and or your Predictions would make for great conversation...And this is why we wrestle the Matches also!!

Laff Jeff Sectional 13 Champions

Twin Lakes Sectional 1 Champion

Probably to be fair.   Twin Lakes  sectional would be favored at 120 (White),  145 (Shrock) and Fritz a strong favorite at 160.    Jeff sectional will dominate but I dont know about 43-13.

Who is favorite to take team Regional Title ??  Does the edge go to Lafayette Jeff with their big numbers in the Sectional Championship Round??  Heard they have 11 going to Regional and had 7 in champtionship round?? 

Who has big numbers from twin lakes sectional??

Probably to be fair. Twin Lakes sectional would be favored at 120 (White), 145 (Shrock) and Fritz a strong favorite at 160. Jeff sectional will dominate but I dont know about 43-13.

120 ill agree, 145 Pullins should win kid is huge for 45 i seen Pullins destroy kids that Shrock has mbeat but not in decisive fashion...i believe Schrock although very good just is outmanned against Pullins again just my thought...Fritz in "My opinion" isnt a clear favorite with Pusey in the weight class either!!

120 ill agree, 145 Pullins should win kid is huge for 45 i seen Pullins destroy kids that Shrock has mbeat but not in decisive fashion...i believe Schrock although very good just is outmanned against Pullins again just my thought

Shrock beat Pullins last week 5-2 at conference, so ill give him the favorite.   But Pullins who is finally healthy enough to put some momentum together will learn from that match and hes a senior thats hungry.  Should be worth watching.

Also I'm calling Carden a tossup to slight favorite at 132 against Strawsma.   You dont have an undefeated record for nothing at this time of year.

Shrock beat Pullins last week 5-2 at conference, so ill give him the favorite.   But Pullins who is finally healthy enough to put some momentum together will learn from that match and hes a senior thats hungry.  Should be worth watching.

Also I'm calling Carden a tossup to slight favorite at 132 against Strawsma.   You dont have an undefeated record for nothing at this time of year.

we've seen Carden Several times, i was leaning torwards him also but Strawsma his very good on top as well as VERY heavy hands...this coukd be the match of the tournament

Love the Strawsma kid.......great body awareness on the mat.....havn't seen the Carden so can't make that call.........but Strawsma is class act before and after matches.....think he makes it to the big show this year........he's the kind you love to pull for !!

This may be a true statement, and yes the TL sectional was probablly at the lowest level I have ever seen which spans 40 years. However, before the Laf Jeff Sect. fans start breaking arms patting themselves on the back, let's face reality.  Logan regional will be lucky to get 6 wrestlers out of Merrilville and 0 champions.  Happens every year.   I hope I'm wrong though, Id like to see Harrison big guy (Meyer) win a  semi state title.  I also would like to see the Mote kid from Delphi win.  History just hasn't been kind to either of these sectionals.  Just saying.

Im just glad to be back in this Semi-State, i love meat grinders and was Formally out of the Twin Lakes Sectional myself as a wrestler as was my brother and i do agree we never got many out (logan regional) BUT when we did it was usually podium worthy!! Buntin Birge Thompson Weingardner Maddox Shepherd Atwood Lynde just to name a few.....

This may be a true statement, and yes the TL sectional was probablly at the lowest level I have ever seen which spans 40 years. However, before the Laf Jeff Sect. fans start breaking arms patting themselves on the back, let's face reality.  Logan regional will be lucky to get 6 wrestlers out of Merrilville and 0 champions.  Happens every year.   I hope I'm wrong though, Id like to see Harrison big guy (Meyer) win a  semi state title.  I also would like to see the Mote kid from Delphi win.  History just hasn't been kind to either of these sectionals.  Just saying.

6 wrestlers out of this group to  statewould be a disapointment.   I say 10-12 get to state.

Love to see 10 make it out....I'll go with 7 of this bunch......106 Anderson Jeff,.113 Miller jeff,   132 Straswma  BC, 152 Armuth Harrison, 170Mote Delphi, 182 Wright Harrison,  160 Fritz ,  220  Meyer Harrison, Hwy.Kern Harrison  and........Honorable mention :Shrock, Pullins , Lukaska , Carden.

6 wrestlers out of this group to  statewould be a disapointment.   I say 10-12 get to state.

I like your passion for the wrestlers of your area, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  However, Logan regional hasn't got 12 through to state in a long long time.  And no offense, but there have been a lot stronger groups of wrestlers coming from the Logan Reg not come close to getting 12 through.  Personally, I think 6 is optimistic.  I have already included those really rare "lucky duck" draws that Logan Reg. wrestlers get that make it possible for 1 or 2 to sneak by. Miller from Jeff,  Bc 138 pounder and the Harrison 152 might and I mean might get through with a good draw.  If Fritz can get the same good draw he got last year he may get through but it's tough to get that draw 2 times in a row.   Other than that there's Meyer and Mote, who else gets through  Merrilville?  You can't look at the 30 win records of small school wrestlers and expect them to compete at SS.  Maybe 7 if the wrestling Gods are smiling on them.

I like your passion for the wrestlers of your area, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  However, Logan regional hasn't got 12 through to state in a long long time.  And no offense, but there have been a lot stronger groups of wrestlers coming from the Logan Reg not come close to getting 12 through.  Personally, I think 6 is optimistic.  I have already included those really rare "lucky duck" draws that Logan Reg. wrestlers get that make it possible for 1 or 2 to sneak by. Miller from Jeff,  Bc 138 pounder and the Harrison 152 might and I mean might get through with a good draw.  If Fritz can get the same good draw he got last year he may get through but it's tough to get that draw 2 times in a row.   Other than that there's Meyer and Mote, who else gets through  Merrilville?  You can't look at the 30 win records of small school wrestlers and expect them to compete at SS.  Maybe 7 if the wrestling Gods are smiling on them.

138 might make it with a good draw? Take a look at who's ranked and who's not. So are you telling me you know more than rise? There is no such thing as a good draw bad draw! Look at the list of who beat who. Strawsma and Lukaszka are state bound along with several other logansport wrestlers.I say 9 .

Great conversation. Like where your going Cougarlion and Headlock83 great observations. Would like some Love for Mike Kern. 47-4 two losses to the Richmond heavy once ahead 5-3. lost to Valpo and Merryville. Underweight but benches 400 pounds and has a ridiculous gas tank.Also a little love for Lukaszka Benton Central. One loss and a boa constrictor on top. When Miller makes it it wont be because of a lucky draw. Instead its because hes a stud. Cougarlion dont count out The Raiders this Saturday. 13 strong with most likely 6 finalists.

we've seen Carden Several times, i was leaning torwards him also but Strawsma his very good on top as well as VERY heavy hands...this coukd be the match of the tournament

Nothing against carden he is a good wrestler, but tell me who he has beat with a good record or a guy that has been ranked at one time in the year? Bc has beat him once and we will do it again. Like I said don't get me wrong he is a good wrestler but strawsma gets him.

You have won me over.......Carden out of my state picks.........Strawsma for sure.......Lukaska also.........when you drill will each other everyday and are of that top quality talent......you travel to the state in pairs  .........see it all the time........Both  BC boys ready to take the pressure and next step.........

both place top 3 at semi=state.........

bc

138 might make it with a good draw? Take a look at who's ranked and who's not. So are you telling me you know more than rise? There is no such thing as a good draw bad draw! Look at the list of who beat who. Strawsma and Lukaszka are state bound along with several other logansport wrestlers.I say 9 .

First of all Dad, I am a huge fan of your son.  From the moment I saw him beat the Tribbet kid from Twin Lakes to win his conference as a freshman, I knew he was going to be a really good wrestler.  I also know that you take a lot of crap for being a bit over zealous concerning your son's wrestling abilities.  I like your passion. And I actually love your son's winning attitude.  I just think that there will be 3 or 4 unranked kids in his weight class at Merrilville that will cause him big problems if he draws them.  I have seen the Mer. SS every year since they started the SS tournament.  I have wittnessed too many times the site of Log winners lose their first match to another regionals 4th place finisher to feel super confident about your kid's chances, not to mention he will also have to beat a second placer from one of the other three regionals.  There in lies the problem with calling your son a lock to get to state. The boys in the region just face tougher competition throughout the year.  It is as simple as that.  I really hope your boy does well this year,but not to offend, Semistate rankings aren't worth their weight in doggie doo doo.  I do however expect big things from him next year for sure.  In conclusion, I will be cheering loudly for your boy!

Thank you and yes I understand your point. Region cards are nothing special! We wrestle those same kids all summer long. Good wrestlers yes beatable of course. Cole win or lose of course I'm proud either way but let's remember he has been a ticket rounder since a freshman. This year losing is not a option. His mentality of himself and wrestling is the difference this year a long with no weight cut. In the past we have cut 15 to 20 pounds a season this year it's eat everything wrestle hard.

Kids*

The difference is, in order to get out of the Region in the past you must have had the physical style wrestling and pressure as well as the ability to stall on bottom early...well everyone now has caught on and schedules from the Central area have toughed up some and seen those kids still, ill agree thats this year ill go with 10 getting out....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.