Castle Sectional- Pick 'Em

hook and half

Paul Konrath, Noah Huelsing, Tyler Ferguson, Chance Williams...  All of these guys could/can win a title, but what will be their status on Saturday?  On account of injuries, sickness, etcetera, it looks like Castle is open for placement improvement.

Memorial has been super banged-up/stricken.  Harmon's bunch is a big favorite for the team title.  I think Castle has six locks for champions.  If they have a great day, they can crown nine.

The finals for 126, 138, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220 and 285 have potential to be great matches.  Very good balance and competitiveness. 

138 is stupid.  The loser of the Wargel/Dixon match-up will get the loser of the Lee/Todrank match in the first round of the regional.  Ouch!

106  c mv me b

113 mv me r c

120 r tc me hh

126 r c tc mv

132 mv hh c tc

138 c me r mv

145 c me mv tc

152 c hh mv me

160 c tc hh ss

170 c me ss hh

182 c mv r b

195 c s hh me

220 h mv r b

285 me ss mv c

The courier and press guy came back today to get some interviews... Coach Harmon had him running stair laps within 5 mins...when he finally got to the interviews... The guys all said they thought MD would win both the Central and Castle Sectionals....along with placing ahead of IU in the Big Ten wrestling Tourney!... But thanks for the write up!

The courier and press guy came back today to get some interviews... Coach Harmon had him running stair laps within 5 mins...when he finally got to the interviews... The guys all said they thought MD would win both the Central and Castle Sectionals....along with placing ahead of IU in the Big Ten wrestling Tourney!... But thanks for the write up!

!?!?

Thanks for the snappy comeback...

How bout some predctions?

Wasn't tryn to be snappy... ... . I hope Casle wins the sectional back, Castle is clearly the Favorite but that only make the other teams wrestle harder against us.

Predictions

#1 There will be some upsets!

#2 I won't sleep Friday Knight..

#3 semi-final at 138 will likely end someone career

Wasn't tryn to be snappy... ... . I hope Casle wins the sectional back, Castle is clearly the Favorite but that only make the other teams wrestle harder against us.

Predictions

#1 There will be some upsets!

#2 I won't sleep Friday Knight..

#3 semi-final at 138 will likely end someone career

snappy?  upsets? friday "knight"?

very punny...funny

Wargel comes out on fire and handles Dixon.

no way does konrath win....may not even wrestle but he'll default out of championship match.

last prediction - toddlockyear pops 6 xanax between friday evening and saturday afternoon...NOTE: DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL (besides, alcohol is banned on school property)

Dixon wrestled very defensively last week against Wargel (this is a compliment).  1-1 late in the 3rd when Dixon got a 5-point move to end the match.  He will do the same and win again.  As mentioned above the loser wrestles loser of Todrank/Lee which will result in a loss IMO and end their high school career.

Konrath: broken Tibia or Fibula; that is the rumor.

Dixon wrestled very defensively last week against Wargel (this is a compliment).  1-1 late in the 3rd when Dixon got a 5-point move to end the match.  He will do the same and win again.  As mentioned above the loser wrestles loser of Todrank/Lee which will result in a loss IMO and end their high school career.

Konrath: broken Tibia or Fibula; that is the rumor.

Who will be in the elimination match?

Looks like Dixon handles Wargel pretty well...   MD 17-8

I'm sure this match will garner numerous comments later in the day when the fans get home.   Quite a few penalties and high energy from the wrestlers, fans, coaches, Castle tournament staff, etc.  The match seemed a lot closer than the final score and must have taken 20 minutes to complete.  

Castle had 8 in the finals and 8 champs. 3 of the matches were 1-0 (145, 170 & 195)

106: Castle

113: MV

120: Reitz

126: Castle

132: MV

138: Castle

145: Castle

152: Castle

160: Castle

170: Castle

182: MV

195: Castle

220: Harrison

285: ?? my source left

Castle' 132 got pinned quickly in the final by Bethel. So I guess they had 9 in the finals.

Castle had 8 in the finals and 8 champs. 3 of the matches were 1-0 (145, 170 & 195)

120: Reitz

126: Castle

132: MV

145: Castle

152: Castle

195: Castle

220: Harrison

285: ?? my source left

Castle' 132 got pinned quickly in the final by Bethel. So I guess they had 9 in the finals.

What happened to Mcbride at 120? hate to see a 2 seed drop out of the bracket.

McBride received a concussion and Cervical Sprain in the 1st period of his match in the Final last week at the SIAC tournament. Been a tough week. Kyle hates this, but seems to be using this set back as fuel for next year. Thanks for asking about him!!

What happened to Mcbride at 120? hate to see a 2 seed drop out of the bracket.

McBride received a concussion and Cervical Sprain in the 1st period of his match in the Final last week at the SIAC tournament. Been a tough week. Kyle hates this, but seems to be using this set back as fuel for next year. Thanks for asking about him!!

HWT was Shaw over Page 1-0 in a very competitive match. Really proud of Page's effort today.

Castle had 8 in the finals and 8 champs.  3 of the matches were 1-0 (145, 170 & 195)

120: Reitz

126: Castle

132: MV

145: Castle

152: Castle

195: Castle

220: Harrison

285: ??  my source left

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.