FINALS

106: siddiqui CG vs mosconi IC

113: Poe DC vs Fisher MV

120: Gomez PF vs Futrell GW

126: Boles MOR vs Vaught MV

132: Anderson MOR vs Gast - Bray MON

138: Wilkerson FR vs Adkins DC

145: Warren MOR vs Ellis MON

152: Dunn IC vs Whitaker MA (toughest weight class with numbers 7,8, and 10)

160: Runyan MA vs Hays CG

170: Stevenson FR vs Clements PF/Smith MON

182: Hammond WE vs Munn FR

195: Scott MOR vs Lee MON

220: Scroggs MA vs McCubbins MON

285: Biddle PF vs York FR

Team race I see being alot closer than in recent memory with Franklin taking the title then Center Grove, Monrovia, Martinsville, Mooresville in no particular order.

Who do you have moving through?

FINALS

106: siddiqui CG vs mosconi IC

113: Poe DC vs Fisher MV

120: Gomez PF vs Futrell GW

126: Boles MOR vs Vaught MV

132: Anderson MOR vs Gast - Bray MON

138: Wilkerson FR vs Adkins DC

145: Warren MOR vs Ellis MON

152: Dunn IC vs Whitaker MA (toughest weight class with numbers 7,8, and 10)

160: Runyan MA vs Hays CG

170: Stevenson FR vs Clements PF/Smith MON

182: Hammond WE vs Munn FR

195: Scott MOR vs Lee MON

220: Scroggs MA vs McCubbins MON

285: Biddle PF vs York FR

Team race I see being alot closer than in recent memory with Franklin taking the title then Center Grove, Monrovia, Martinsville, Mooresville in no particular order.

dr. malcolm-  care to expand on your chaos theory?  

Champs

Mosconi (don't know much here)

Poe (conference finals rematch)

Gomez (Pins Futrell again)

Boles (Vaught looked good against reese and terrible against Boles)

Anderson (shouldn't be a problem for Mitch)

Wilkerson (Wilkerson and Adkins had a good one at conference)

Warren (I took Ellis over Copeland just because Ellis has a win over Warren)

Whitaker (I like what I've seen this year, but Dunn Or Van Horn can take it too)

Runyan (next week will be fun Helm, Damler, and Caudle)

Stevenson (can't wait for next week, Walton and Lydy move in)

Hammond (tough freshman with 1 loss)

Scroggs (2 wins over McCubbins already)

Biddle (could go either way)

Not to chaotic, life finds a way.

I'm looking forward to some good competition this weekend. I think many of the weight classes are incredibly deep, probably having up to 6 or 7 wrestlers that could be regional qualifiers if they were in other sectionals.

In particular at 106: The number 7 seed is 18-11, number 6 is 16-9 and is a tough wrestler. Some kids are gonna go home early due to this depth.

120: Number 7 is 16-8, number 6 is 23-13 and got third at this weight last year...Even number 8 is 20-9!

138: Not as deep as 120 or 106, but the top 6 wrestlers have been tight all year. Adkins from Decatur took Wilkerson to the brink at Mid-State and Sweeney from Plainfield gives Adkins a 1-2 point match every time as well, but only beat Kost from Mooresville by one to go to the third place match at conference. Throw in Drake, who got third at conference and Center Grove's Noble and you've got one heck of a weight class and competition to move on.

145: Nearly the same as at 138. Warren, Copeland, Ellis, Coyle, Dean, and Burnside are all very tight. Warren is the one seed, but he lost to Ellis a couple weeks back 3-0 (he also pinned Ellis in the 2nd at the Holiday Classic) and Ellis is the 6 seed! Should be some tight competition.

152: Much as been said about the top 3 (Dunn, Van Horn, and Whitaker), but Stock and Lamb are both quality wrestlers as well. I've never seen Mappes wrestle, but to get the  seed in this bracket, he must have beaten someone.

160: Runyan is the class of the field, but Hays, Reams, Clevenger, Hahn, Moore, Sanders and Stock are all capable of making it out of this tournament. That's 8 kids that are well above .500 wrestling just to get out of sectionals!

170: #7 is 17-10. Clements, Smith, Murrell, Hickey, and Mappes are all capable wrestlers. Not to mention the returning state champ. Another deep weight.

195: Not quite as deep, but a returning 3rd place winner along with 4 kids that have wrestled very tightly with Southwood, Hammond, Morton, and Lee, make for a crap shoot for who will get in the top 4 and who will be left as the alternate.

The other weights will be good, just not as deep. Don't take offense if I didn't list you or your wrestler. These are just some observations about the depth of some these weights. Move some of these kids over to another sectional and they could be in the championship whereas here, they may not even place.

Gonna be a fun day

Alot of my picks were based on conference, all sectional teams are the same and then we add in CG, IC, and MON. I have seen Center Grove once this year and Monrovia twice. I have not seen Indian Creek. Monrovia has really looked good all year in my opinion. With some standouts. Garrison lee had 2 awesome matches with hiestand of yorktown at the holiday classic winning one in OT and losing the second to a last second takedown, he is my pick for Monrovia to make an appearance at state. Then 152 the top 3 in this weight I pick to make it to bankers life and will give Kemper a run for his money. There are alot of tough sophomores Kaden Poe, Keaten Fisher, Jalen Adkins, Christian Warren, Burk Van Horn, Ethan Runyan, cameryn Smith, Garrison Lee, Clayton Scroggs, and Bryce Biddle all of which have a 1 or 2 seed except fisher with a 3.

If it's anything like conference and johnson county tournies, it should make for a good day of wrestling. The teams in this sectional have all been getting better at depth and some of the smaller teams are slowly catching up to CG and Franklin, but not quite there yet though. It'll certainly be a rough road of wrestling for some of these kids, as this sectional has turned into a pretty tough one when they merged all these together. Then once you move over to the Mooresville Regional, it starts getting really fun to guess who's moving on.

Good luck to all the Whiteland wrestlers this weekend.

I think you are wrong about the Gomez/Futrell match. Futrell screwed up on an arm drag at confrence and i don't thik it will happen again. who knows how that match could have gone if Gomez would have made weight the 2 previous time they should've wrestled. The 120 finals on saturday will be interesting. i'm not trying to start an arguement, but all this talk could be wrong. Anything can happen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.