145- McCormick, Bates, Beeks, Becker

152- Berkebile, Busse, Perry, Calhoun

160- Gray, Baumgartner, Liter, Hummel

170- Jackson, Luginbill, Baker, Guy

182- Hiestand, Kohler, Maddox, Baron

195- Howard, Friedt, Evans, Taylor

220- Hangen, Ulloa, Roberts, Little

285- Hiestand, Bollenbacher, Morningstar, Phillips

106: Hunt, Miller, Liter, Harris (great finals match)

113: Mendez, Mosser, Stephenson, Goodwin (great finals and semi's here)

120: Miller, Becker, Rutter, House    - Great semi action here

126: Gunsett, Hiestand, Shliessman, Thompson   (another close finals match)

132: Stephenson, Coy, Duddleston, Siefring  (a y-town wrestler doesn't lose to the same kid 3 times..

138: Laughlin, Ford, Brown, Gutierrez   - some good matches straight off the bat

145: McCormick, Bates, Becker, Beeks     -can Bates push McCormick

152: Berkebile, Busse, Perry, Calhoun   -a close and competitive weight class

160: Baumgartner, Gray, Liter, Drown   -great finals match

170: Jackson, Luginbil, Baker, Guy    - best finals match possibly, flip a coin

182: Heistand, Kohler, Maddox, Baron

195: HOward, Friedt, Evans, Taylor-

220:Hangen, Ulloa, Little, Hughes

285: Hiestand, Bollenbacher, Morningstar, Phillips

Best Matches -----

106: Miller vs Hunt - Great match up, different styles, one of the best finals matches

113: Mendez vs Stephenson - Mosser vs winner  -  Mosser has been on fire lately, Mendez takes it IMO - Goodwin is solid

120: Becker vs Rutter - Winner vs Miller  - Great semi's - Should be close as nails

126: Hiestand vs. Gunsett - 3 point match last time - Some good early matches in this weight class

132: Stephenson vs Coy - Coy has a pin and 1 point win over Steph, but I'm calling a upset in a close match, flip a coin

138: Laughlin dominates...

145: McCormick vs Bates - McCormick the clear cut favorite but Bates has been on, could keep things close. Becker vs Beeks should be another close match as well

152: Busse vs Berkebile - flip a coin in this weight class. No clear favorite, expect a low scoring close match, Perry is also a threat

160: Another GREAT finals w/ Gray vs. Baumgartner - Will Gray remain unbeaten? Liter should give him all he can Handle

170: FIREWORKS Luginbill vs Jackson - Luginbill with a pin over Jackson. Two top rated 70 pounders will battle

182: Kohler vs Heistand - will the seasoned Heistand be too much for Kohler?

195: Howard is powerful, plows through 195

220: Hangen vs Ulloa - Hangen is quality. This weight class will have two good semi finals matches

285: Hiestand vs Bollenbacher - Bollenbacher is much improved, I'm calling a close math - good first round match with Delta and SA

132: Stephenson vs Coy - Coy has a pin and 1 point win over Steph, but I'm calling a upset in a close match, flip a coin

Coy won by 3 in the sectional match I witnessed... With a different official, Coy won that sectional match by 6 or more, or possibly by fall (Coy threw Stephenson in a beautiful Lateral, with only Stephenson's right foot landing out-of-bounds, ref called them out for some strange reason!?!?)... I'll take Coy by 4 or 5 in this one

Coy won by 3 in the sectional match I witnessed... With a different official, Coy won that sectional match by 6 or more, or possibly by fall (Coy threw Stephenson in a beautiful Lateral, with only Stephenson's right foot landing out-of-bounds, ref called them out for some strange reason!?!?)... I'll take Coy by 4 or 5 in this one

Should be a great, close match if there aren't any big moves

I try not to post much on here during season but after reading some of the post from Barry JR, I believe some enlighting maybe needed. At 132 u must not be in the know on Mr. Coy he is the real deal an while Mr. Stephenson is a great young man an solid wrestler Coy is on a different level match shouldnt be close. At 160 while Liter is a stud in his own right one of Gray's 33 season victories came over Liter by pin fall in the second period not decision. At 195 Howard is the favorite but his 3-2 squeaker over Evans in the sectional finals doesnt lead me to believe he will be steam rolling the field my any means. Oh an as I stated Coy was on another level at 132, so is McCormick at 145 most likely to not just win but by dominate fashion over each of his opponents no close matches for him. But with all that being said the great thing about this sport is its not final until the match is over and the winner has his hand raised. Best of luck to all the Regional qualifiers, may u stay healthy and wrestle at your best...

The Howard 3-2 match, I did not know of, I just figured that's how it was. Sorry on that one. I was also unaware of Gray's pin, but liter was impressive and improved, not saying he would win, but he did impress me. As for coy vs Stephenson, I know what the ytown room is like and I'm guessing they will do everything to have a good match with him. And I believe their sectional finals was close. I should have dug a little deeper into the results

I believe Howard-Anderson wins this division easily, last week was only his second back from his knee surgery. His conditioning will improve each week. Sometimes a close score is just as misleading as, someone getting "caught", not a knock on anyone else, but Myron has proven he can wrestle at a high level. It looks to this old-timer like those that are on this topic are educated wrestling fans, with a pretty good grasp of this upcoming weekend. The big red mats will be the place it all gets worked out and the best guys on Saturday will stand atop the podium. Thanks to all that share their views and predictions, it sure is good to see the excitement build each week. 

I believe Howard-Anderson wins this division easily, last week was only his second back from his knee surgery. His conditioning will improve each week. Sometimes a close score is just as misleading as, someone getting "caught", not a knock on anyone else, but Myron has proven he can wrestle at a high level. It looks to this old-timer like those that are on this topic are educated wrestling fans, with a pretty good grasp of this upcoming weekend. The big red mats will be the place it all gets worked out and the best guys on Saturday will stand atop the podium. Thanks to all that share their views and predictions, it sure is good to see the excitement build each week. 

I was wondering about that... He really looked like a he was only putting about 50% effort into a lot of his movement... He stayed safe mostly, except for a slight scare at the end of the Evans match...

Wasn't that many years ago that this Regional was dominated by the Jay County Sectional...I don't think that is the case anymore.

With Yorktown continuing to be one of the top programs in the state...Delta, Winchester and others building solid teams, looks pretty even!!

Wasn't that many years ago that this Regional was dominated by the Jay County Sectional...I don't think that is the case anymore.

With Yorktown continuing to be one of the top programs in the state...Delta, Winchester and others building solid teams, looks pretty even!!

They should change the name to the Yorktown Sectional...

first of all I would like to say my thoughts and prayers are with Mason Morningstar and his family. That's a tough way for a senior to go out and I hate hearing that...

next, my opinion on  Coy vs Stephenson. I would have to disagree with some of the posts I've read on the two wrestlers….. I'm not sure how anyone could say Coy is on another level compared to Stephenson… Coy won the match by 3 points.. and keep in mind two of his points were penalty points.. one for fleeing the mat and one for stalling. I will say I believe the lateral drop was in bounds and that would definitely have altered the final outcome, but it wasn't scored. the match was very competitive and I believe we'll see another great match this weekend between the two!! Coy is extremely explosive and strong. Both wrestlers have a shot at ending their season with a medal around their necks... with that being said…. my picks:

106: Hunt, Miller, Liter, Harris- I expect the finals to be very competitive with Hunt winning a close one

113: Stephenson, Mosser, Mendez, Goodwin- should be a very competitive weight. any of the top three coming out on top wouldn't surprise me a bit

120: Miller, Becker, Rutter, House- I would consider Miller on another level. Becker pinned Rutter at team state. Rutter and House for third should be a great match

126: Hiestand, Gunsett, Schliessman, Renner- Hiestand is a kid that continues to improve. Gunsett is a battler and is used to being in tough matches. should be a good one

132: Coy, Stephenson, Dudelston, Siefring- I think Coy has a little too much God given ability to lose. He has potential to be elite. Should still be a close finals match

138: Laughlin, Gutierrez, Ford, Brown- Laughlin is going to have to wait another week to even be tested

145: McCormick, Bates, Becker, Beeks- McCormick shouldn't overlook Bates… And if he doesn't, he should win handily (my state champ pick this year)

152: Busse, Burkebile, Perry, Leonhard- Burkebile has a great chance to win, but he's still a freshmen and I don' t think he has enough experience to pull off the win against a tough Bellmont kid in Busse (how many dang Busse's are there??)

160: Baumgarter, Gray, Liter, Drown- the finals match is one I am REALLY looking forward to seeing!! honestly wouldn't be surprised with either winning. both great

170: Jackson, Luginbill, Baker, Guy- I got Jackson winning the redemption match from earlier this year… will definitely be a great one though!!

182: Hiestand, Kohler, Hankenson, Baron- one of the deepest weights at the tourney… I could see about 5 different kids making it to the finals. Very deep!

195: Howard, Friedt, Evans, Stout- Howard should win and never should be in trouble. The scores may not show how dominant he will be though

220: Hangen, Uloa, Hughes, Brunner- the finals match should be exciting! 

285: Hiestand, Bollenbacher, George, Phillips- another deep weight class!! you truly never know with heavyweights… Can't wait to was the semi finals and finals here!

first of all I would like to say my thoughts and prayers are with Mason Morningstar and his family. That's a tough way for a senior to go out and I hate hearing that... with that being said…. my picks

We at Bellmont are at the understanding that Morningstar is wrestling tomorrow. Coach Humble or their AD had not told us otherwise yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.