Lafayette Jeff Sectional

what7

at 160 it's Haywood not Haygood. Great kid with good week behind him.  Will be very close if Jeff can keep the championship round momentum as they should carry the lower weights and Harrison the heavies. Hope everyone stays healthy.

195 looks realy wide open and I think any of the top 5 could win it.  195 is  probably hardest  to predict.  126 I wouldnt say as much.   I think McGreevey and Wade who have split this year and stand out more.

I think this sectional will be the toughest its been in a while.  Harrison has a real solid team and Jeff has reallly made a move.   Also surprised how good Westside is.  Roseman has done well to reload after losing a lot seniors.  Benton Central has some really strong weights, but not as deep as a dual team.  Delphi is down from a strong senior team last year  but they have some studs. I see some good matchups this weekend.

Heres the scholars take:  I couldn't resist.

106  McCartney vs Anderson looks good and have great records.  Has the schedule been easy or these guys state material?  Not sure yet?   I dont know who to pick here, but looking forward to the match. Do these guys have a history?

113- Miller is one of my three stone cold locks.  Easy pick here with very little drama.  Miller finally gets his sectional title and probably more this year.

120-  Grimes is the favorite.  Watson is improving fast.   Brown from Harrison is still dangerous.   Still probably Grimes here.  Important to come out on  top here as this is the Twin Lakes regionals toughest weight class so 2, 3, 4 will have really tough first rounds next weekend.

126-  Like I mentioned earlier Wade and  McGreevey.    Wade but has a few losses this year, but he's drawn some really good state ranked kids.  These guys have split and I think wade underperformed last weekend.  Hell be on his game for this one.

132-  Strawsma looks tough here  and Ill give a close nod.   But Jones and Strawsma looks like a fun matchup.  Alvarez's funk style is dangerous and he does have a win over Jones.  So cant count him out.

138- Lukaszka and Grammar should be a good close match.  No disrespect Unknown Wrestler.   But Grammar looked real sluggish last week and was lucky to beat  Morgan.  Maybe weight cut is bothering him.  If he wrestles like that, It would be easy win for Lukaszka.  Maybe Morgan is getting some confidence  and could pull upset.

145-  Another must see match is Adams vs Pullins.   Pullins was out earlier from injury so no history.    Should be close and Im calling a tossup.

152-   My second stone cold lock.  Armuth all the way as he's really opened up his game this year.  Not much drama here. Probably Hart in the finals.  There wont be a mental mistake like he made against Fritz last year.

160-   Another must see match .  Haygood vs Pusey.  The first match was one of the better matches I saw all year.  Last second take down by Pusey but Haygood had reall chances.  Skomp could be dangerous and could mess up the rematch.

170-  Returning state qualifier Mote is favorite with undefeated record but wont have easy time as he was pushed by both Pruitt and Mathis in the duals.   Interesting that the top 4 seeded wrestlers qualified for semi-state last year.  Mathis vs Pruitt rematch will be one of the key semi matches.   Munson can be dangerous.

182-  Returning state qualifer  Wright will be favorite.  Baldwin is tough but Gary is a solid three.  Probably Baldwin wins rematch. Doubt either can touch Wright.

195-  This is wide open with the top 5 wrestlers can win it. Conley vs Kidwell will be fun.  I know Martin is in there. I would say winner of Moore Collins match is my favorite.

220-  My 3rd stone cold lock is Meyer.   Meyer is heavy favorite here as he  starts to peak at this time of year.   The Trent kid from West side likely gets past Hall from Frontier.

HWY-  Kern vs Hopkins.   These guys no each other well as they've wrestled 8 times. Both are smart Heavyweights,  but Kern seems to find a way against Hopkins.   So picking Kern.

Team race wil be razor thin vs Jeff and Harrison.   Bonus points will be required and wont be decided till the finals.  Wouldnt be surprised to see it come down to the Kern match.

a little stymied as to why BC bumped Munson down to 170? Thrown into a 4 seed with 3 SemiState Q's when would have most likely been a #2 at 180? Hey the Benton Boys bring it pretty good I am sure there is a plan.

a little stymied as to why BC bumped Munson down to 170? Thrown into a 4 seed with 3 SemiState Q's when would have most likely been a #2 at 180? Hey the Benton Boys bring it pretty good I am sure there is a plan.

Munson lost to the 3 seed Gary from West side, so he probably would have been 4 seed at182.

at 160 it's Haywood not Haygood. Great kid with good week behind him.  Will be very close if Jeff can keep the championship round momentum as they should carry the lower weights and Harrison the heavies. Hope everyone stays healthy.

Believe me it was not a coaches choice. Munson made the decision on his own to drop. We told him to stay at 182 and take the 2 seed.

Munson beat jeff so he would have been a 3 seed

Thought Harrison was out of it when I heard from my cousin they were 47 points behind Lafayette Jeff........What Happened??  Did the big orange machine get rolling or did the saddle fall off ??

Just heard from my cousin that Jeff ran into a herd of Bison.........

Cougarlion it was very interesting. A very strong Lafayette Jeff team did all they could. Some Bison did get in the way in the finals a couple of Red Devils too and that helped Harrison some, down 47 going into wrestle backs Harrison went 7-0 all pins, Too much depth at Harrison. 13 to Regionals,Equal it seems to their number of coaches,

Nothing against West Lafayette but that's like two years in a row the Journal and Courier has an article right before sectionals about "You better watch out for West Lafayette at sectionals".

Maybe thank the newspaper for putting the target on their back !!

Nothing against West Lafayette but that's like two years in a row the Journal and Courier has an article right before sectionals about "You better watch out for West Lafayette at sectionals".

The journal has a long dislike of West Lafayette Harrison. Newspaper aside take nothing away from Coach Roseman and his  guys.They come to battle every year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.