SIAC Preview

hook and half

Jourdan won easily 10-4 while laying on his stomach gassed in the 3rd period.  Confidence and short memories go hand in hand.

10-4 is fairly convincing to me. Why didn't Schnell cut him if he was gassed instead of burning up the whole period. Maybe he was convinced that he didn't want to give up the major, so he rode him out.

IU89,,, he said he had beaten him over summer... Not in December... Haha

If MD. Needed a little motivation to get fired up, for what should be another dominating performance. They got it.

Last Knight on all about sports.. Dan Egerski kept tryn and tryn to bait Turner .. But he didn't bite...

Unfortunately the CP reporter can take a few different quotes, combine them and make a Real Good Quote!

Good Luck to all! I'll still be making a visit up there tomorrow!

I will bet money that Schnell and Jourdan will be within 3 points either way. 

MD will win, fairly easily but Castle will win their fair share of weight classes.

I see them winning 2 weight classes with Annakin and Lockyear. If that's your idea of a fair share, then ok.

I see them winning 2 weight classes with Annakin and Lockyear. If that's your idea of a fair share, then ok.

2 seemed fair. Lol

Pretty dominant day by the Cats obviously.

Some thoughts:

Luigs is having really solid season as you can tell. He's not going to be an easy out for anyone in the tourney.

Egli is a beast. Watching him and seeing how good he is makes you realize just how good Konrath really is as well. Can't wait for the second installment of their matchup.

I sure hope Johnson gets a good draw and always gets put on opposite sides of Red. He could go far without running in to Red first.

The Lee boys speak for themselves. Hopefully Joe gets a good draw as well as I could see him getting deep in the tourney.

Blake and Forzley are both capable of beating just about anyone when they put their mind to it. They just both seem to get a little gassed and complacent at times. Today, I thought the Forzley match was going to be a close one and then WHAM, spladle for the fall out of nowhere.

Bassemier looks really tough this year. I would love to see him place this year.

Lastly, I wish Butler would be a little more aggressive. He's so fast and strong, use it more big man!

I agree about Luigs. Kid is tough as nails and I think with the huge win over White(NP), it's really boosted his confidence even more.

I don't think we are fortunate enough to see another Konrath/Egli match this year. I think Konrath goes 113.

Johnson should have a decent run as long as he continues to wrestle as hard as he has. His draws are gonna be based off of how bad the top seeds finish in their respective brackets.

Nick Lee should be fine this season as I don't think anyone touches him.

Joe Lee has a little harder trek, will finish high on podium, but not 1st just yet

Totally agree about Jourdan and Forzely. Both have been a little unimpressive to watch at times. I remember Forzely match early this season and he was gassed by the 2nd period taking injury time till the ref finally said no more(thank goodness or we would have been there all night)

I read in another thread that Konrath suffered a bad knee injury today. Not sure how bad yet, but bad enough he had to injury default. Hopefully it's not season ending.

what thread was this in. But in all seriousness, sure hope it's not too bad as this kid is exciting

Congrats MD on another dominating performance.

With thAt being said....

Why did you Booo the Castle 120??? The ref stopped the match and started injury time.... But The booooos rang out while he was motionless on the mat!! Did you want to beat Castle so bad that you boo a injured wrestler?.......don't tell me you were booing the ref....

My name is Todd Lockyear, and I don't speak for my son...( He has a life and doesn't even know this site exists)...if his comments were the cause... I apologize for him ... Good luck next week to the MD wrestlers.. You make us better by being so damn tough!!

I will bet money that Schnell and Jourdan will be within 3 points either way. 

MD will win, fairly easily but Castle will win their fair share of weight classes.

ok...i was wrong on Schnell.  I thought Jourdan would win 10-7.    My idea of a fair share was 3-4 matches so I was wrong again.

With thAt being said....

Why did you Booo the Castle 120??? The ref stopped the match and started injury time.... But The booooos rang out while he was motionless on the mat!! Did you want to beat Castle so bad that you boo a injured wrestler?.......don't tell me you were booing the ref....

My name is Todd Lockyear, and I don't speak for my son...( He has a life and doesn't even know this site exists)...if his comments were the cause... I apologize for him ... Good luck next week to the MD wrestlers.. You make us better by being so damn tough!!

I think they booed because when Egli tossed him straight to his back and was gonna go for the pin it was stopped by the ref. I don't think most people realized the wrestler appeared injured, which evidently he wasn't since 10 seconds later he was thankfully ok to continue. They stopped booing once they saw the wrestler could have actually been hurt.

With thAt being said....

The referee was the target of the boos. He is the worst. Doesn't know the rules, awful positioning and incomprehensible mechanics. No disrespect meant to your wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.