The Region vs The Men in Gold

There has been allot of chatter as to the validity of Mater Dei's team 3A coaches title.  I posed the question to a friend of mine that if the Region formed an all-star super team would they have been able to take home this year's coaches trophy.  His thoughts were that the match would come down to 7 wins for each team and be decided on bonus points or criteria.

Where do you define the region?  Everything south of 30 and east of Hobart or do you stretch it and let Portage in.

What would be the region's all star team?

Any thoughts on scores?

This is serious now...It's the mutants vs the southerners

I understand that the Region has had teams invited and they chose not to attend.  So if they want to challenge the "validity" of MD's championship then they need to man up and come to the event.

Also, if you feel that you need an All-Star team to beat MD, I would say that lends a ton of validity to their 3A title.

Fish eaters?  Really?

I understand that the Region has had teams invited and they chose not to attend.  So if they want to challenge the "validity" of MD's championship then they need to man up and come to the event.

Also, if you feel that you need an All-Star team to beat MD, I would say that lends a ton of validity to their 3A title.

Fish eaters?  Really?

that's for sure.

So let us see who would be on this make believe "Region All Star Team"

106 - Colton Cummings - Lowell

113 - Michael De La Pena - Merrillville/ Rickie Rodriguez - Hammond Morton

120 - Jeremiah Rietz - Griffith/ Brendan Black - Hobart

126 - Gaige Torres - Portage/ Jason Crary - Munster

132 - Zach Donaldson - Crown Point

138 - Clarence Johnson - Merrillville

145 - Jacob Covaciu - Merrillville/ Steven "Bam" Lawrence - Portage

152 - Mike Kryzston - Andrean/ Kodie Christenson - Lake Central

160 - Drew Hughes - Lowell

170 - Scottie Sopko - Hobart

182 - Andrew Davidson - Chesterton/ Jake Kleimola - Lake Central

195 - Nick Fowler - Calumet/ Matt Hedrick - Portage

220 - Morgan Kral - Crown Point

285 - Shawn Streck - Merrillville

That looks like a pretty solid squad!

Edited by GAT36

No doubt da region is great... but comparing. Region all star team,would be like All star west vs the 96bulls...bulls arguable greatest team ever 72 and 10..BUT taking all of the best players on one sole team would be a bit much...thats why they make All star teams to showcase them vs eachother not to compete vs a single club...with that being said MD would give them a,decent match which speaks volumes bout their pedigree...this is a forum and its fun to do hypothetical scenarios but the fish eater comment was wrong lol

if they wanted the best team from the region which is portage vs Mater dei it isn't hard to line those 2 up

106: Collin Poyner vs Nolan Widner

113: Chance Kludt vs Kyle Luigs

120: Miguel Prado vs Will Egli

126: Gaige Torres vs Alex Johnson

132: Tyler Joseph vs Nick Lee

138: Kasper McIntosh vs Joe Lee

145: Steven Lawrence vs Blake Jourdan

152: Devin Gonzalez vs Mitch Lehman

160: Iszak Morgan vs Nick Buedl

170: Ismeal Cornejo vs Ashton Forzley

182: Alex Guerrero vs Sam Bassimier

195: Matt Hedrick vs Chase Anslinger

220: Brenden macijewski vs Kurtis WildeMan

285: Giovani Murillo vs Adrian Butler

but to Assume that the Indians Would beat the top 4(Warren, Perry, Penn) teams would be crazy. Its a shame that Portage wasn't there but hopefully next year they will be

What if you had a Circle City All Star team? Could they beat the region. The Falcons and the Irish would make a tough team.

dude youre on to smthn if this board can ifluence a team state dual I think we should push this...be awesome maybe like a post season meet kinda like indiana vs illinois...but with our in state cream of the crop..iron sharpens iron and this would benefit our sport and give us ol westlers n fans something to look forward to.

Indianapolis area:

106 - #2 Klayton Anderson, Hamilton Southeastern

113 - #5 Alec White, New Pal

120 - #1 Breyden Bailey, Cathedral

126 - #1 Chad Red, New Pal

132 - #2 Brayton Lee, Brownsburg

138 - #1 Brandon James, Perry Meridian

145 - #4 Evan Smiley, Beech Grove

152 - #5 Brett Johnson, Perry Meridian

160 - #6 Brendon Helm, Avon

170 - #1 Dylan Lydy, Ben Davis

182 - #4 Connor James, Roncalli

195 - #1 Blake Rypel, Cathedral

220 - #3 Corvoiser Morrow, Warren Central

285 - #2 Norman Oglesby, Ben Davis

Averages out to 2.71 by the rankings, not opinion.  Just for fun, can the Region, Evansville, or Fort Wayne do better?

OK, first I find this a ridiculous post to begin with, but let's get this right

PORTER COUNTY is NOT "DA REGION" never will be! At best Porter gets a honorable mention.

Also, LOWELL IS NOT DA REGION, so quit trying to be, LOL.  Even Crown Point is not considered DA REGION, just REGIONITES.

HAMMOND, E. Chicago, Whiting, Munster, Highland, Griffith, Gary, Dyer, Calumet Township, North Schereville and Merrillville.

DAT is DA REGION.

Come on man!

I know when I'm in the region it smells funny.

Yeah, well when I drive thru it smells like home. A lot better than Terre Haute.

The "region" in my eyes is Lake and Porter county as well as northern Jasper and Newton counties.

Sorry dude, KV is not part of DA REGION.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.