Penn at Rochester Regionals

pennman

i think we will see Penn have a full team make it out of regionals this year.

the only spot i would worry about is Hensley at 132...if he draws childers 1st match that could be trouble.

as far as that 120 to 145 weights everyone was concerned about i think will be solid.

Slates being out hurts for sure but he has solid backup.

As far as 138 there was talk of Beam as the starter...Manspeaker is the starter and has been.

He beat Beam in a head to head and 138 is his...i will go out on a limb and goes as far as saying he will be the big suprise this year and make it out of semi-state.

If Hensley handles his buisiness at 132 all will go to semi-state...prediction

I think Penn has at least 1 or 2 that won't make it out of Regionals...

Are you saying Manspeaker will make it out of semi-state? No way!

Don't count anyone out! Crazier things have happened.  I've seen regional alternates make it to state before.  Its all about draws, match ups, and sometimes a little bit of luck.

I think Penn has at least 1 or 2 that won't make it out of Regionals...

Are you saying Manspeaker will make it out of semi-state? No way!

thats what i am saying...i think he will just make it out.

no stats to back it up just a hunch.

Penn is deep and loaded, but here are some possibilities to consider.

132 Loughlin- Riley, Cotton- Clay, Olsen- Adams  #4 guys draws Childers

120 Hardesty- Mish, Hartman- Clay, Tyler- Wash, Felix- Marian  #4 guy draws Hatch

145 Malone- Adams, Breathit- Riley, Glon- Marian

I may have left some guys out unintentionally, I haven't seen every team yet.

Manspeaker must have beat Beam in challenge match this week, I think either one of them could do well at 138.

Penn is Penn and they will have a chance to get everyone through, but maybe not as easy as you would like to think.

NIC tourney is this weekend and will give a much clearer picture of what Sectionals will look like.

Penn is deep and loaded, but here are some possibilities to consider.

132 Loughlin- Riley, Cotton- Clay, Olsen- Adams  #4 guys draws Childers

120 Hardesty- Mish, Hartman- Clay, Tyler- Wash, Felix- Marian  #4 guy draws Hatch

145 Malone- Adams, Breathit- Riley, Glon- Marian

I may have left some guys out unintentionally, I haven't seen every team yet.

Manspeaker must have beat Beam in challenge match this week, I think either one of them could do well at 138.

Penn is Penn and they will have a chance to get everyone through, but maybe not as easy as you would like to think.

NIC tourney is this weekend and will give a much clearer picture of what Sectionals will look like.

132 is the most likely we will have a 4th seed at regionals and that will most likely be a childers draw.

he is not the most technical guy but is built like a brick house.

i think 138 was going to be manspeakers to lose this year regardless of beam being healthy or not.

132 is the most likely we will have a 4th seed at regionals and that will most likely be a childers draw.

i think 138 was going to be manspeakers to lose this year regardless of beam being healthy or not.

I say that's a huge statement considering the 138 class coming out of Plymouth should be deep. I believe Tristan Rodriguez still has only one loss and you also have Heckathorn and Bailey there as well not to mention Krintz from CMA who handed Rodriguez his only loss this season. It will be a fun day for sure but this class may just be the most even class in the tournament.

Just my humble opinion

i think we will see Penn have a full team make it out of regionals this year.

the only spot i would worry about is Hensley at 132...if he draws childers 1st match that could be trouble.

as far as that 120 to 145 weights everyone was concerned about i think will be solid.

Slates being out hurts for sure but he has solid backup.

As far as 138 there was talk of Beam as the starter...Manspeaker is the starter and has been.

He beat Beam in a head to head and 138 is his...i will go out on a limb and goes as far as saying he will be the big suprise this year and make it out of semi-state.

If Hensley handles his buisiness at 132 all will go to semi-state...prediction

When did Beam get his cast off ? 

pennman, on 14 Jan 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I say that's a huge statement considering the 138 class coming out of Plymouth should be deep. I believe Tristan Rodriguez still has only one loss and you also have Heckathorn and Bailey there as well not to mention Krintz from CMA who handed Rodriguez his only loss this season. It will be a fun day for sure but this class may just be the most even class in the tournament.

Just my humble opinion

I agree with you Caveman! 138 is stacked coming out of Plymouth! How did Manspeaker fair at the Al Smith?

I believe Manspeaker lost to Fattore and Heckathorn at Al Smith. Manspeaker could very well win Regionals but I believe Rodriguez majored Heckathorn and Heckathorn beat Manspeaker so to say its his to lose may be a little optimistic. Manspeaker is one of my favorites for sure but the last time I saw Rodriguez he won a convincing victory against Jay Franko of Jimtown. With that being said you have to at least give Krintz a nod as the dark horse he is the only one who has beat Rodriguez. This weight could get crazy don't forget Evans from SB Adams also had a solid outing at Al Smith.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.