Team Rankings: IndianaMat Dual Ranking

Y2CJ41

Head to head at county Avon was 7-3 vs Brownsburg. What am I missing? 

Ohio St. lost to Virginia Tech who lost to Wake Forest who lost to Louisiana-Monroe who lost to Appalachian State who lost to Liberty who lost to the Presbyterian College Blue Hose.  All hail the TRUE national champion--the Presbyterian College Blue Hose!!  Oh, wait.  They lost 55-3 to Northern Illinois...maybe not.

Stop isolating certain head-to-heads that benefit you without looking at the whole picture.  They never ever mean anything more than one thing: you were better for those specific matches for that specific day.

For what its worth, and a more objective view.    Brownsburg has a higher genius rating than Avon. 

Now if you keep throwing around words like "genius," Nick is going to start getting a big head.   I think Nick learned most of his wisdom from the great Lanny Paffo.  :)

The 113 that Weaver tech falled in the dual?

That doesn't change my opinion.

I am not sure why it is so hard to comprehend that I am not simply asking "Is Avon better than Brownsburg?"

The Top 20 is way more dynamic than that.

If you want to talk about people out of the lineup, why aren't you mentioning that CJ Damler didn't wrestle against Merrillville, and they lost 30-28.

In the overall scheme of things, Brownsburg is the better team. If you take the most recent result from each weight in the matchup between the two teams, the score is 29-29, and Avon has won two matches 1-0.

Your argument that Avon is clearly better than Brownsburg doesn't hold water.

The 113 that Weaver tech falled in the dual?

That doesn't change my opinion.

I am not sure why it is so hard to comprehend that I am not simply asking "Is Avon better than Brownsburg?"

The Top 20 is way more dynamic than that.

If you want to talk about people out of the lineup, why aren't you mentioning that CJ Damler didn't wrestle against Merrillville, and they lost 30-28.

In the overall scheme of things, Brownsburg is the better team. If you take the most recent result from each weight in the matchup between the two teams, the score is 29-29, and Avon has won two matches 1-0.

Your argument that Avon is clearly better than Brownsburg doesn't hold water.

There's also not a clear cut argument that says Brownsburg is better than Avon (which I think you realize).  Just because Brownsburg is ranked higher does not mean their wrestlers are going to perform better in the state tournament.  When you have a few teams beating each other up it's hard to say who should be ranked higher, especially when it can change from one day to the next.  This isn't college football where a ranking could keep you out of a bowl game or playoff.  Being ranked 10th or 12th could change at anytime.  Just let the wrestlers wrestle and the end result will work itself out.

I see all rankings as merely for entertainment purposes only.  Its nice to be ranked but it doesn't mean a whole lot on both the individual and team side.  Sectional seeding does not use individual rankings as a criteria.  Even IHSWCA Team State uses individual wrestlers' results as the main qualifying criteria, not dual record or team ranking.

That being said, "Hey watch what you say about the Castle Knights!"  ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.