The SIAC...The REAL Conversation

BlueBolt

106- Anakin CA dominates here

113- Luigs MD, Willis CE could see a challenge for 2nd

120- Egli MD Matherly NO...if Ferg is really done. Ferg pins out if he is here

126- Johnson MD Burke NO

132- Lee...................................................then the field. Brown CA or Elpers NO

138- Lee MD Dixon RE Ramsey CA Wargel ME (2-4...roll the dice on these guys...could end up any which way)

145- Jourdan MD Schnell CA .... McCormick CE (top two are head & shoulders above the rest)

152- Kemper CE Williams ME (I like Williams as a dark horse) Lehman MD (odd man out in MD line up...kind of under-sized for the weight)

160- Lockyear CA Huelsing ME Forzley MD...could be a doozy final here

170- ????????

182- Bassmeier MD (had a horrible regional last year, I say he fixes it here) Dowell CA 

195- Lamar CA? ME had Gahagen here earlier...if he goes 195 he could be a dark horse, Anslinger MD

220- Kyles HA if he drops?? This weight class is wide open. Auten RE is decent here

285- Kyles if he stays. Butler MD if Kyles drops, Page ME

MD runs away with team title

Castle 2nd

Memorial

Reitz

North

Central

Harrison

Bosse

106- Anakin CA dominates here

113- Luigs MD, Willis CE could see a challenge for 2nd

120- Egli MD Matherly NO...if Ferg is really done. Ferg pins out if he is here

126- Johnson MD Burke NO

132- Lee...................................................then the field. Brown CA or Elpers NO

138- Lee MD Dixon RE Ramsey CA Wargel ME (2-4...roll the dice on these guys...could end up any which way)

145- Jourdan MD Schnell CA .... McCormick CE (top two are head & shoulders above the rest)

152- Kemper CE Williams ME (I like Williams as a dark horse) Lehman MD (odd man out in MD line up...kind of under-sized for the weight)

160- Lockyear CA Huelsing ME Forzley MD...could be a doozy final here

170- ????????

182- Bassmeier MD (had a horrible regional last year, I say he fixes it here) Dowell CA 

195- Lamar CA? ME had Gahagen here earlier...if he goes 195 he could be a dark horse, Anslinger MD

220- Kyles HA if he drops?? This weight class is wide open. Auten RE is decent here

285- Kyles if he stays. Butler MD if Kyles drops, Page ME

MD runs away with team title

Castle 2nd

Memorial

Reitz

North

Central

Harrison

Bosse

138: Getting the 2nd seed is huge. Dixon and Ramsey wrestle this weekend.  Ramsey and Wargel not 'til next Tue, the night after SIAC seeding meeting.  He has faired better against similar competition though.

152: Willams Mem recovering from Mono and has not wrestled the last two weeks at least.  Farmer CA has beaten Lehman MD this year.

160: Rumor has it Forzely dislocated his elbow last weekend.  Bummer if true.  Can anyone confirm?

170: Buedel MD (unles he goes 160 replacing Forzely) and Jeffress Castle?

MD

Castle

Memorial

Central

North

Reitz

Harrison

Bosse

My Picks...

Hummm...

Really Great Wrestling?!?!?!?!

I see MD as the team to beat.   Some obvious picks for the West Siders.   But who knows what will happen between now and then.

I think there are some kids that are beiong written off as #2, #3, #4 etc that should be looked at more closely.   But having said that, I see MD 1, CA 2, CE/MA 3...then the rest...

The Kyle 220 or 285 question is interesting to me.   220 would seem like a great choicefor him to me.  The guy is truly capable of winning either.   But when it comes to the State Run, 220 would seem to be a better choice.   The farther you go, the better those big boys get.

Every year there is some crazy circumstances at the Conference meet.   That's the only 100% Dead Lock for the SIAC.

Someone won't make weight...or will miss the team bus...or will show up on Sunday and not Saturday...something weird will happen and it will be the traditional SIAC Tourney from that point on.

138: Getting the 2nd seed is huge. Dixon and Ramsey wrestle this weekend.  Ramsey and Wargel not 'til next Tue, the night after SIAC seeding meeting.  He has faired better against similar competition though.

152: Willams Mem recovering from Mono and has not wrestled the last two weeks at least.  Farmer CA has beaten Lehman MD this year.

160: Rumor has it Forzely dislocated his elbow last weekend.  Bummer if true.  Can anyone confirm?

170: Buedel MD (unles he goes 160 replacing Forzely) and Jeffress Castle?

MD

Castle

Memorial

Central

North

Reitz

Harrison

Bosse

138 - why is it so huge to get the 2 seed?   I doubt the 3 seed is really any different than the 2?

Kyles will be at 220 and be a beast.

hopefullly ferguson makes it back.

my pick to miss the bus is hook and half.

138 - why is it so huge to get the 2 seed?   I doubt the 3 seed is really any different than the 2?

Kyles will be at 220 and be a beast.

hopefullly ferguson makes it back.

my pick to miss the bus is hook and half.

Short Bus...

The 2 and 3 issue is usually no big deal...but that bracket is going to be all sorts of whacked out if someone pulls and upset over the next week or so.

160 intrigues me.  Buedel from MD is interesting.  From what little I've seen, he's very aggressive and goes all out for the pin, which can result in getting stuck.  I didn't see the match with Brandon Helm at the MD Classic, but he got pinned in the first minute.  My guess is he went for a throw or headlock and missed and landed on his back.  His matches at Team State Duals were fun to watch.  He did lose to Huelsing from Memorial 1-0.  The way he wrestled at team state makes me wonder how that match went.  I don't know how good he really is or can be, but I think he could definitely create some excitement!

Here is what i predict. I have not seen everyone so i am merely basing off what has been posted on IndianaMat and Track.

106 - Annakin(Ca), Weidner (MD), ?

113 - Luigs (MD), Horty (Me), Willis (Ce)

120 - Egli (MD), Schaefer (Me), Matherly (N)

126 - Johnson (MD), Burke (N), Clopton (Ca)

132 - Lee (MD), Durcholz (Me), Elpers (N)

138 - Lee (MD), Ramsey (Ca), Wargel (Me)

145 - Jourdan (MD), Schnell (Ca), Brown (Me)

152 - Kemper (Ce), Williams(Me), Matherly (N)

160 - Huelsing (Me), Buedel (MD), Garnett (B)

170 - Lockyear (Ca), Folz (Me), Forzely (MD)

182 - Bassemier (MD), Dowell (Ca), Shaw (Re)

195 - Anslinger (MD), Patterson (Ce), Brown (Me)

220 - Kyles (H), Wilderman (MD), Hart (Ce)/Gahagen (Me)

285 - Butler (MD), Page (Me), ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.