Multiple Rivalry Match-ups?

RobLethal

Would that background story have anything to do with Ramos's cousin being an Assistant Coach at Hobart & wrestled for Portage under the lights?

Haha. Yeah. He said he would see Leroy at fitness barn and talk some smack purposely to make Leroy come out angry and make it very tough on Alex. Meanwhile Ramos had no idea haha. It worked. It made Leroy beat him up a but and made Alex grow up fast and become tough. Ahh the good ol Hobart Portage rivalry. Soo much bad blood. I miss that. There is still people that would boo Ed and Tharp if they saw them in a church.

Orrin kleinheinz and Heath vandeventer wrestled several times vandeventer's senior year

I believe Heath and Orrin wrestled 8 times that year. All won by Heath. All of Orrin's losses were to Heath, and went on to win it all the next year......if I remember correctly. I do not think Bloomington north and Columbus north wrestle as many times now as they did back then. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Andre Hernandez beat Hector Mendez 4 or 5 times in 2002...

Mendez ended up winning the State Title that year, with Hernandez finishing 3rd

Also, in the same year

Randy Baker beat Jason Woodson 3 times, with Woodson ending up as State Champion and Baker finishing 7th

I believe, in both cases, they shared a regional, and on... before the 2003 sectional realignment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.