Illinois owns IU

Currently on IU's roster they only have one wrestler listed at 125, Stansburry who previously was at HSE.  They had a few others at 125 at one point last year but they have either moved up to 133 or are no longer on the roster.  For comparison Purdue curently has 3 wrestlers listed at 125.

Sending out a 125 looks to be an issue for more than just IU in recent years though.  You have the consider judging the growth potential of a still maturing High School light weight is always a guessing game.  Some guys around 113 or 120 will never end up filling into a legit college 125 wrestlers (strong/athletic), while some 125 and 132 high school wrestlers end up quickly growing out of the ability to cut to 125 in college.   So while it would It seems  logical to make sure you can retain (keep from quitting or transferring) an additional back-up 125 or two, who you could always bump up to 133 when needed, that doesn't seem to always be occurring.   Then when your projected 125 starter gets hurt, sick, can drop the weight yet, or quits their is no one to fill that spot.  Also, some teams do have a back up 125 wrestler but have decided to FF the weight class temporarily rather than pull the back-ups red-shirt.  One last thing to consider is that some programs are limited in the number of scholarships to offer and/or the number of athletes they are able to have on their team, and some coaches are making the decision to have less wrestlers available at some weights in order to have more depth at others.

The IU squad doesn't deserve to be discussed on the forums any more.  Half hearted wrestling in all but one match.

I'd say you maybe going a little to far by referring to almost all the starters, besides just the one winner, as putting in a "half-hearted wrestling" effort.  The match scores may reflect the difference in the skill/development level, but it does not always the effort the competitors are trying to put in.  Sure I have no doubt a few guys may have momentarily broke during the match or are on occasion going through the paces in practice.  But, I would say that several guys on the squad are trying to put in what time and effort they towards winning these matches.  It just a major uphill battle when you are not starting our and/or developing at the same level as some of the ranked DI talent the team is facing.   While you maybe able to place some score difference on the recruiting, development, or scouting side of things,  I'm not sure you can pin the final results on the "heart" of most of guys who are being send out on the mat to compete.

The question that needs to be asked is why all of the quitting and transfers from IU? Why are the light weights last year up two weights? Why was there no heavy weight for this year? And the big one that know one addressed why did LeBlanc leave at the big ending of the season lasted year for Brown and then leave for Northern Colorado

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard the weight classes were all screwed up at the beginning of the year because of a mistake made by the coaching staff with weight certifications.  I'm not sure if this is true or not but it probably needs to be looked at.  As far as LeBlanc goes, he is from Colorado originally so why not go back there.  I've heard he didn't mesh with the staff or the team at IU and probably not at Brown either.  Remember, this is a kid who wrestled at Wyoming which is a whole lot different than IU or Brown as far as culture.

Sad state of Ind Wrestling in Bloomington.  This has to be the worst year they've had in a long time, maybe forever.  It's time for a change, look what  Ersland has done with his staff at Purdue.