BLACK PINS REITZ!

red6612

Here is what I would recommend for you. Start a new account with a new moniker because nobody will take you seriously now.

no one will take me seriously because I don't believe you can be caught? Well I guess I better just crawl up in the fetal position cause I depend on people taking me seriously. Your backhanded way you think you are trying to expose me is funny. Everyone knows who I am including Y2 and the other moderators. If I'm out of bounds I'd be off here pronto. I know that. However I need to articulate my previous statement more clearly. Don't take away from another kids accomplishment by insinuating he somehow he got lucky or caught his opponent. I don't know Jeremiah Reitz but believe he is a great wrestler and could easily win state again. However I do know Brendan Black and I know he is a dangerous opponent who wrestles the best season in season out. When 2 accomplished opponents wrestle the results should not be diminished by "he got caught" talk. I'm entitled to have my opinion on the matter and to me that's scrub mentality. What I recommend for you is that you brush up on your wrestling knowledge and insight. Because obviously don't understand wrestling at a high level if you don't understand philosophically that a pin is going to be pin no matter what the score was prior. In the paper or on Indianamat the results will say winner by pin loser by fall.

no one will take me seriously because I don't believe you can be caught? Well I guess I better just crawl up in the fetal position cause I depend on people taking me seriously. Your backhanded way you think you are trying to expose me is funny. Everyone knows who I am including Y2 and the other moderators. If I'm out of bounds I'd be off here pronto. I know that. However I need to articulate my previous statement more clearly. Don't take away from another kids accomplishment by insinuating he somehow he got lucky or caught his opponent. I don't know Jeremiah Reitz but believe he is a great wrestler and could easily win state again. However I do know Brendan Black and I know he is a dangerous opponent who wrestles the best season in season out. When 2 accomplished opponents wrestle the results should not be diminished by "he got caught" talk. I'm entitled to have my opinion on the matter and to me that's scrub mentality. What I recommend for you is that you brush up on your wrestling knowledge and insight. Because obviously don't understand wrestling at a high level if you don't understand philosophically that a pin is going to be pin no matter what the score was prior. In the paper or on Indianamat the results will say winner by pin loser by fall.

Is this the General_Character_2013.png

I have coached kids who were not as talented and would get beat 9 out of 10 times by a certain wrestler and once down 13-0 threw a head lock and caught him.  Even as a coach you cheer, chuckle, wipe the sweat from your brow and thank goodness luck was on your side that day.  Then you hope you dont wrestle that kid again because you probably wont get lucky like that again.  If that is a scrub mentality I guess I am a scrub...lol So I think they were wanting to know with the original question was if both the wrestlers looked equal prior to getting pinned or was one wrestler being dominate before the pin.  Being a realist is a far cry from a scrub mentality. Sorry to interrupt, dont know much about either wrestler, just wanted to add my 2 cents.

i get that. I know a guy you may know named Joe Stewart who had or has one of the best head locks I've ever seen. Often times in high school and in college he hit that headlock and pinned his opponent he was losing at the time. He still got the win. I was trying to point out what Coach Booker taught me in1986. No excuses. If I'm up 13 and get pinned I obviously have flaws I need to work on. Just my 2 cents no malice here.

WOW!!! Just WOW!!!

Looking forward to the next time they wrestle!!! This is going to be a fun year to watch 120!

i get that. I know a guy you may know named Joe Stewart who had or has one of the best head locks I've ever seen. Often times in high school and in college he hit that headlock and pinned his opponent he was losing at the time. He still got the win. I was trying to point out what Coach Booker taught me in1986. No excuses. If I'm up 13 and get pinned I obviously have flaws I need to work on. Just my 2 cents no malice here.

right on the mark......

HoosierHustler if you are trying to state that the excuse "I got caught" is way over used and in fact used incorrectly a lot of times. I understand that, however that original question suggested if Black had took advantage of a situation or hit a desperation move? Not that luck had anything to do with this victory but if he capitalized on something Reitz did wrong? Black won, Reitz lost, and neither one thinks that this is the end of it either. So HoosierHustler no one should use "I got caught" as an excuse, but to deny being caught in a match as a reality that is just as bad. because you talk about the weak mentality if you use being caught as an explanation, but if are not willing to say that then you are not willing to sometimes fix bad positioning. I was not at this match for all I know Black dominated it from the whistle. I don't feel that anyone was trying to down place Black's victory at all, he beat a #1 ranked kid. But it was more of asking for what happened in the match. I also feel that INSpectator was just messing with you.    

Fair enough. I was partially trying to be funny, but still make the point that I found your initial, un-clarified point to be outrageous. No malice here either. I disagree with part of what you are saying, but not all. I agree that if you lost, you lost. Period. You should never make excuses, and you should absolutely own the fact that you got bested. Failure to do so is just poor sportsmanship, and you will miss out on the opportunity to get better. On that point, we totally agree.

On the other hand, to suggest that the question about whether or not he got caught equals "scrub mentality" is short-sighted in my opinion. Again, in my opinion. You are totally entitled to your own opinion. One time, I caught a kid who was about to tech-fall me. If we would have wrestled 99 more times, he would have beat me 99 times. He was better than me. Period. I caught him. Period. Just as it would have been ridiculous for him to make an excuse for the loss, it would be intellectually dishonest for me not to acknowledge that I "caught" him. It is just a fact that it sometimes happens in wrestling. There is definitely a difference between out-wrestling someone, and catching them in bad position and capitalizing.

With all of that being said, I am in no way implying that anyone got caught in the Reitz vs Black match. I wasn't there. The question as to how Black pinned Reitz, however, was a legitimate one.

Hope the next match is awesome. Both are outstanding wrestlers. Should be exciting!

Fair enough. I was partially trying to be funny, but still make the point that I found your initial, un-clarified point to be outrageous. No malice here either. I disagree with part of what you are saying, but not all. I agree that if you lost, you lost. Period. You should never make excuses, and you should absolutely own the fact that you got bested. Failure to do so is just poor sportsmanship, and you will miss out on the opportunity to get better. On that point, we totally agree.

On the other hand, to suggest that the question about whether or not he got caught equals "scrub mentality" is short-sighted in my opinion. Again, in my opinion. You are totally entitled to your own opinion. One time, I caught a kid who was about to tech-fall me. If we would have wrestled 99 more times, he would have beat me 99 times. He was better than me. Period. I caught him. Period. Just as it would have been ridiculous for him to make an excuse for the loss, it would be intellectually dishonest for me not to acknowledge that I "caught" him. It is just a fact that it sometimes happens in wrestling. There is definitely a difference between out-wrestling someone, and catching them in bad position and capitalizing.

With all of that being said, I am in no way implying that anyone got caught in the Reitz vs Black match. I wasn't there. The question as to how Black pinned Reitz, however, was a legitimate one.

Hope the next match is awesome. Both are outstanding wrestlers. Should be exciting!

True story!!!

I can vibe with that. This shouldn't be about us. This should be about two kids that may be "all-timers" one day. Kudos to both, let the competition tell the story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.