BLACK PINS REITZ!

red6612

"Catch"? Some people really don't understand wrestling. If I pin you it doesn't matter if you are winning at the time or I was. I won. When some one knocks some one out it's the same deal. When I hear someone say " I got caught" I know they have scrub mentality.

Yea reitz tried to dive under to stale mate black bundled the elbow to his back for 5 reitz fought off his back and black reloaded a half and pinned him at 1:56. Black looked good he was bigger then reitz. Reitz took the loss like a true champion shook his hand and walked off. What's crazy is they can wrestle confrence next week at Hobart invite in 2 weeks sectionals regionals semi state!

"Catch"? Some people really don't understand wrestling. If I pin you it doesn't matter if you are winning at the time or I was. I won. When some one knocks some one out it's the same deal. When I hear someone say " I got caught" I know they have scrub mentality.

Wow!! Just WOW!!!

Shot by reitz , on leg, out of bounds. Shot by reitz, over under, quick stalemate. Shot by reitz, on leg, defended , reitz hung on . Bundled , scrambled too late.

Thanks! Black is a great competitor! Reitz is a class act! It will be interesting to see what happens the next 4 times they wrestle. 

Yea reitz tried to dive under to stale mate black bundled the elbow to his back for 5 reitz fought off his back and black reloaded a half and pinned him at 1:56. Black looked good he was bigger then reitz. Reitz took the loss like a true champion shook his hand and walked off. What's crazy is they can wrestle confrence next week at Hobart invite in 2 weeks sectionals regionals semi state!

Reitz is the real deal! Great kid from a Great Family! I expect to see him under the lights!!! When a kid like him gets pinned its usually a mistake that does not get repeated. Go Jer!!!

I have coached kids who were not as talented and would get beat 9 out of 10 times by a certain wrestler and once down 13-0 threw a head lock and caught him.  Even as a coach you cheer, chuckle, wipe the sweat from your brow and thank goodness luck was on your side that day.  Then you hope you dont wrestle that kid again because you probably wont get lucky like that again.  If that is a scrub mentality I guess I am a scrub...lol So I think they were wanting to know with the original question was if both the wrestlers looked equal prior to getting pinned or was one wrestler being dominate before the pin.  Being a realist is a far cry from a scrub mentality. Sorry to interrupt, dont know much about either wrestler, just wanted to add my 2 cents. 

Here is what I would recommend for you. Start a new account with a new moniker because nobody will take you seriously now.

i see "caught" used in two contexts.  as preparetowin said, sometimes an inferior wrestlers pulls something out of his sleeve, "catches" the other wrestler and wins a match he should have otherwise lost.

on the other side, commwayne effectively says "that's wrestling".  if you are that good, don't get "caught".

so which is it?  is black really good and he beat another good wrestler, or did he get lucky and beat a guy much better than him by "catching" him?

Black took a lot of flack (the rhyme was unintentional) last year because of a certain coach of his talking him up and for the way he got to state, but make no mistake, he can wrestle. Do I see him pinning Reitz again if they wrestle, my guess would be no, but if he won again I wouldn't be shocked. I think the manner by which he won may have involved lucky circumstances but he puts in the work and his luck has been earned.

I didn't see the match but I have seen both kids. To me the thing people have to remember is Reitz being a champ last year at 106 but coming up 2 classes is a big deal if his body isn't used to it. We have seen this before. That in no way means he won't be right in the mix at 120 because he is great. People just need to remember you start really getting into some strong kids especially ones that probably cut 8 or 9 pounds to get there as opposed to a kid working his way up to that weight. I think we could have our next great region rivalry built after yesterday. Should be fun!

I didn't see the match but I have seen both kids. To me the thing people have to remember is Reitz being a champ last year at 106 but coming up 2 classes is a big deal if his body isn't used to it. We have seen this before. That in no way means he won't be right in the mix at 120 because he is great. People just need to remember you start really getting into some strong kids especially ones that probably cut 8 or 9 pounds to get there as opposed to a kid working his way up to that weight. I think we could have our next great region rivalry built after yesterday. Should be fun!

x2

+1 well said BlackshirtD

Plus one, times 2, e to the x, log base 10, and all of that. This is sure to be the start of a very nice rivalry, as previously said, and most of us will get to enjoy it at least a few more times. Moments after the match, I was like, "Can't wait to see that one again at the regional." Now I realize that would potentially be Volume 5 of a potential seven-volume set.

Two notes about two great dudes.

1. Reitz has missed some mat time being banged up and maybe was a hair less sharp this time around. No excuses, no dog in the fight, just saying.

2. Black, meanwhile, has a different shoulder problem -- he has a chip on his from people bad-mouthing his circuitous route to being a state placer. It's great to see that his drive and the addition of those freshman studs in the room has propelled him to refuse to rest on his accomplishments. BTW, Hobart was dialed in all day yesterday, won the team title by 50-plus. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.