It's a bit early, but the SIAC, Let's get it started...

I think Castle's team is stronger than most think.   They are very impressive.   I hope they have everyone where they need them for the end of the year.

I have to say, I am not really impressed for MD from top to bottom.   Obviously 132 and 138 are super tough for them, but the other weights are not as bullet proof as one might think.  They have the strongest line up over all, but they are not as strong as years past over all.

That said, MD is still the team to beat.  

I am still wondering if Tyler Ferguson has just packed up and left or what.   He would be my pick at 126 if that is where he was at.  I could even see him winning at 120 if that is where he pop up.

I see Memorial vs Castle s a good dual.  I love the support for the troops shown by these two teams year by the way!  Class acts on both their parts.

Central versus Castle has what could be a few really good matches, but I am not sure the Bears bring enough to the table to win out.

I see MD winning the title as usual.  Wrestle backs are the key for them as I do see them crowning 14 champions.

Just my 2 cents of course.

What's it take to impress you?  MD just won the 3A duals with a close win over Perry.  Other than that they haven't really been challenged at all this year.  No, they aren't as good as those team's from the early 00's, but they are good enough to bring home a state championship this year.

Luigs, Egli, Johnson, Lee, Lee, and Jourdan should all place very high at Banker's Life.  Seems like they always get a couple of their lesser known kids to qualify and maybe place as well.  Somebody like Bassemier and Forzley could do that this year.

Luigs, Egli, Johnson, Lee, Lee, and Jourdan should all place very high at Banker's Life.  Seems like they always get a couple of their lesser known kids to qualify and maybe place as well.  Somebody like Bassemier and Forzley could do that this year.

I know I'm not impressed either.  MD barely beat Perry and they are far from impressive.  MD can't even crack the top 25 nationally (they are at 29).  

** Please read heavy sarcasm here. 

What's it take to impress you?  MD just won the 3A duals with a close win over Perry.  Other than that they haven't really been challenged at all this year.  No, they aren't as good as those team's from the early 00's, but they are good enough to bring home a state championship this year.

It all depends on if you mean a "Team State Championship" or the established Coaches Trophy.   I don't disagree that MD had a good tram, and I also agree completely that they are not the teams from years gone by.   But let's be real here for a minute...was the Team Championship comprised of the very best teams in the state?   In it's current format, it is almost an Invite, not a progression of wins that get you in.  PM is an extremely solid program, no doubt at all.  An victory over them is an true accomplishment.  But are they as strong as they have been in years past?  I am betting no.

As for a to 30 National ranking...Wonderful!   It brings attention to the state as a whole to have teams "Nationally Ranked".  BUT rankings of ANY type are usually heavily influenced by the history of a program and fail to account for the "What Have You Done For Me Lately" rule.   Think about it...Why do they even bother to have "Preseason Rankings"?   No one even knows if any of the kids are coming out, much less what weights they will be at.

For the record, I have no ties to any of the SIAC teams.   I didn't go to any of the schools neither did any of my kids or family.   Just a wrestling fan of many years.  

It all depends on if you mean a "Team State Championship" or the established Coaches Trophy.   I don't disagree that MD had a good tram, and I also agree completely that they are not the teams from years gone by.   But let's be real here for a minute...was the Team Championship comprised of the very best teams in the state?   In it's current format, it is almost an Invite, not a progression of wins that get you in.  PM is an extremely solid program, no doubt at all.  An victory over them is an true accomplishment.  But are they as strong as they have been in years past?  I am betting no.

As for a to 30 National ranking...Wonderful!   It brings attention to the state as a whole to have teams "Nationally Ranked".  BUT rankings of ANY type are usually heavily influenced by the history of a program and fail to account for the "What Have You Done For Me Lately" rule.   Think about it...Why do they even bother to have "Preseason Rankings"?   No one even knows if any of the kids are coming out, much less what weights they will be at.

For the record, I have no ties to any of the SIAC teams.   I didn't go to any of the schools neither did any of my kids or family.   Just a wrestling fan of many years.  

to be real, here, yes team state was comprised of the best teams.  md, perry, penn and warren central are the best teams.  results reflect that.  

team state is not "almost an invite", one qualifies for the tournament and receives a bid.

md's rank has everything to do with your "what have you done for me lately rule" md just won the biggest dual meet tournament in the state, then, Viola!  they are the top-ranked team from Indiana in the national rankings.  it's like magic!

I think Castle's team is stronger than most think.   They are very impressive.   I hope they have everyone where they need them for the end of the year.

I have to say, I am not really impressed for MD from top to bottom.   Obviously 132 and 138 are super tough for them, but the other weights are not as bullet proof as one might think.  They have the strongest line up over all, but they are not as strong as years past over all.

I am still wondering if Tyler Ferguson has just packed up and left or what.   He would be my pick at 126 if that is where he was at.  I could even see him winning at 120 if that is where he pop up.

I see Memorial vs Castle s a good dual.  I love the support for the troops shown by these two teams year by the way!  Class acts on both their parts.

Central versus Castle has what could be a few really good matches, but I am not sure the Bears bring enough to the table to win out.

I see MD winning the title as usual.  Wrestle backs are the key for them as I do see them crowning 14 champions.

Troll anyone?

Yes, I think we do have a Toll!

+

i agree.  i see md taking heavy losses in the first two rounds.  my prediction:

106-  gabe zirkelbach over nolan weidner

113-  chip elderkin over kyle luigs

120-  greg schaefer over will egli

126-  steve moore over alex johnson

132-  craig elpers over nick lee

138-  buzz mieras over joe lee

145- blake jourdan over nick dewig (3OT)

152- matt coughlin over mitch lehman

160- allen weinzapfel over nick buedel

170- blake maurer over ashton forzley

182- andy mcdonald over sam bassemier

195- dane maurer over chase anslinger

220- zach goebel over kurtis wilderman

HWT-  bill trainer over adrian butler

the only reason that jourdan wins is that dewig has an injured hand.  

just my two cents, of course.

+

i agree.  i see md taking heavy losses in the first two rounds.  my prediction:

106-  gabe zirkelbach over nolan weidner

113-  chip elderkin over kyle luigs

120-  greg schaefer over will egli

126-  steve moore over alex johnson

132-  craig elpers over nick lee

138-  buzz mieras over joe lee

145- blake jourdan over nick dewig (3OT)

152- matt coughlin over mitch lehman

160- allen weinzapfel over nick buedel

170- blake maurer over ashton forzley

182- andy mcdonald over sam bassemier

195- dane maurer over chase anslinger

220- zach goebel over kurtis wilderman

HWT-  bill trainer over adrian butler

the only reason that jourdan wins is that dewig has an injured hand.  

just my two cents, of course.

Those boys need to start cutting weight immediately - most would need at least one appendage amputation!

Well here we go again...

I get blamed for someone posting their bloviations here.  Wonderful.

Mater Dei has earned their spot at the top.   Beating PM is no small feat!  

I don't disagree that they are a different team than the Mater Dei of years past, but you cannot take anything away from them.  They have beaten each team they have faced.  Number 1 is theirs until its taken from them...

On the subject of Castle.  I appreciate the nice things you say about them, but you obviously don't know much about the Castle program.  Year in and year out Castles coaches produce tough competition for everyone they face.  It is a huge credit to the coaches and supporters of castles program that they remain competitive no matter what the circumstances are.

Feel free to appreciate the efforts of these kids, but don't drag ANY of them into your stupidity.

Well here we go again...

I get blamed for someone posting their bloviations here. Wonderful.

Mater Dei has earned their spot at the top. Beating PM is no small feat!

I don't disagree that they are a different team than the Mater Dei of years past, but you cannot take anything away from them. They have beaten each team they have faced. Number 1 is theirs until its taken from them...

On the subject of Castle. I appreciate the nice things you say about them, but you obviously don't know much about the Castle program. Year in and year out Castles coaches produce tough competition for everyone they face. It is a huge credit to the coaches and supporters of castles program that they remain competitive no matter what the circumstances are.

Feel free to appreciate the efforts of these kids, but don't drag ANY of them into your stupidity.

BlueBolt

Good to see you back on the board!

Why the chip on your shoulder? Who is denigrating castle? I have seen nothing but roses about you Knights...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.