IHSAA Championship - Anyone have 3 Champs?

I think MD has a good shot at getting at least two champs. Watching Joe Lre wrestle James, I couldn't help but feel he was wrestling a little more defensively than normal (maybe for the sake of not gIvins up a big move for team points?) I think he comes out and at least puts up a takedown or two next time.

I believe Lee scored a takedown against James

I could be missing something here, but why would any potential first round points really matter at the state tournament? Points are awarded to place winners. If you win your first round match, you are a place winner. If you lose, you are not and obviously wouldn't earn team points anyway. Yes, I understand point values differ depending on the manner in which a match is won, but I feel like throwing the first round out is a good thing for the team race because of the number of lopsided bouts that will inevitably occur in the first round. The number of place winners, and their respective placements, will likely be the determining factor.

It matters when a team has a few falls on Friday night. Especially in a tight team race.

I have been told Ben Stewart isn't wrestling also. I haven't found him listed in even ONE meet results... Yet somehow he just "appeared" in the semi state rankings a few weeks ago... Now he is listed in state too! Boy he must be awesome if ranked, and not even wrestling!! LOL!

Also, on the 'team' page here, AND on the profile page, Ben is listed at 195, not 182... 

I have been told Ben Stewart isn't wrestling also. I haven't found him listed in even ONE meet results... Yet somehow he just "appeared" in the semi state rankings a few weeks ago... Now he is listed in state too! Boy he must be awesome if ranked, and not even wrestling!! LOL! Wish they would check this and REMOVE him if not wrestling!

I have been told Ben Stewart isn't wrestling also. I haven't found him listed in even ONE meet results... Yet somehow he just "appeared" in the semi state rankings a few weeks ago... Now he is listed in state too! Boy he must be awesome if ranked, and not even wrestling!! LOL! Wish they would check this and REMOVE him if not wrestling!

I've seen on other threads tgat he just came out and I think he's wrestled at least on match.

Or Ben Stewart of Cathedral

I have also been told he is not wrestling this year, but he supposedly has a younger brother wrestling at a lower weight class. I have looked at several result pages, and they either have Patrick Troy or  A. Nanjem listed at 182.  Ben Stewart is not listed at 170 or 195 in the results either.  He wasn't listed in the rankings until maybe 3 weeks ago, when he just 'appeared' in the semi-state rankings at, I think, 5th - but wasn't listed in the state rankings.  Hmmm...  Just THIS week he showed up in the state rankings. 

Also, on the 'team' page here, AND on his profile page, Ben is listed at 195... so who knows?

Ben is wrestling. He competed this past weekend at the North Central duals with a 5-0 record.

Bummer...  I have a vested interest ;)   

Do you know what weight class?  I have also seen conflicting info on his weight class... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.