120 Will be fun!

pdaddy

• 3 weeks later...

Sawyer hasn't wrestled any of the top 5 ranked 120s but he's teched or majored 3 state ranked wrestlers. He also has a good win versus Hatch. He's been on a mission this postseason and I would not be surprised to see him get a state title.

120 will be almost impossible to predict. We could have some crazy 2 vs 3 matches Friday night that knock out some highly ranked wrestlers. 120 is so deep that I could see anyone in the top 9 win state. I would love to see a hudkins vs miller match for the state championship.

Hopefully Sawyer and Brock get a draw that allows that to happen.

Regardless of the draw, there are no locks here. I think Egli, Breyden Bailey, Reitz, and possibly Ferguson have the ability to win it. A lot of it depends on who shows up to wrestle that day. It's gonna be fun!!

Regardless of the draw, there are no locks here. I think Egli, Breyden Bailey, Reitz, and possibly Ferguson have the ability to win it. A lot of it depends on who shows up to wrestle that day. It's gonna be fun!!

Dont forget about Elliot and Black. Any of the top 8 ranked wrestlers imo have a good chance to win state.

Dont forget about Elliot and Black. Any of the top 8 ranked wrestlers imo have a good chance to win state.

I have to agree with you based upon Black's success against Reitz. Elliot also has a shot.

In most weight classes, we have 1 to 3 kids who kind of outshine everyone else in the weight class. Several of the kids show up to state with a goal to win, but understand that they are the underdog and the likelihood is not really good. At 120, however, there are 8 to 9 wrestlers who are all going to show up to Bankers believing that they are the best kid there, and will be hoping for nothing less than first place. That has to make for some great wrestling!

Hudkins did look pretty dominant, but I think he only won by 1 in the finals. Yesterday was not Egli's day, but I stand by the fact that next week all depends on who shows up to wrestle at this weight class. I will still not count Egli out as a contender. Several of these 120s are just phenomenal wrestlers. Ferguson lost to Egli last week, then won by fall this week. These kids can wrestle, and I don't think anyone is walking out with the championship unless they bring their A+ game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.