Disney Dual Dates

team mom 2

Several coaches have contacted me about Disney Duals dates. These are the dates for Community one Trevor said they cannot change any dates and is hoping Indiana teams Will be able to make it.

The community will be June 27th for weigh ins, and competition from June 28th – July 1st.

indiana sure seems to have a lot of "rules" that tend to hold us back versus help us get to  the next level......

Your use of quotation marks around rules gives the impression that you are being ironic, that you don't feel this particular rule should apply to wrestling.  By extension, I would assume you would have no issue with this rule being broken.  That is a shame. 

Your use of quotation marks around rules gives the impression that you are being ironic, that you don't feel this particular rule should apply to wrestling.  By extension, I would assume you would have no issue with this rule being broken.  That is a shame. 

man i must have really hit a nerve with you on the "bending" the rule thing a few weeks ago that you tried to make sound like i feel it's ok to do (when in fact i never said that).....sorry if i hurt your feelings bud......that is such a shame......but to clarify once again your putting words in my mouth, no i do not feel this should apply to wrestling in this case, but if that's the rule then no it should not be broken......the ihsaa should take a look at this and give an exception since it is attended by quite a few indiana schools, but i agree with Y2........good luck getting something done about it......

That is why I said using the quotation marks gives the impression you are being ironic.  If irony is not the impression you want to express then I might suggest that you don't use the quotation marks because it distorts what you are trying to say.   This is the second time you have given that impression.  My feelings and nerves have nothing to do with this issue, bringing emotions into the issue is just a deflection, probably because you are uncomfortable with me questioning what you type on here.  

I do think that just because many schools already attend is not a very logical reason for giving an exception.  The IHSAA sets up the summer participation rules to apply to all sports.  If they start making exceptions on a sport by sport basis, it would be chaos.  Not a chance they drop down that rabbit hole.

That is why I said using the quotation marks gives the impression you are being ironic.  If irony is not the impression you want to express then I might suggest that you don't use the quotation marks because it distorts what you are trying to say.   This is the second time you have given that impression.  My feelings and nerves have nothing to do with this issue, bringing emotions into the issue is just a deflection, probably because you are uncomfortable with me questioning what you type on here.  

I do think that just because many schools already attend is not a very logical reason for giving an exception.  The IHSAA sets up the summer participation rules to apply to all sports.  If they start making exceptions on a sport by sport basis, it would be chaos.  Not a chance they drop down that rabbit hole.

i think i see the problem here......i went to school in that state just north of here and probably didn't get as good of english studies as you did and therefore am just not as smart as you so sometimes i use improper punctuation and phrases........lol.......heck i can't even do capitol letters to start a sentence and stop at one period?......i will try to refrain from the use of quotation marks......and i am not uncomfortable with you questioning me.......i have thick skin.......

i think i see the problem here......i went to school in that state just north of here and probably didn't get as good of english studies as you did and therefore am just not as smart as you so sometimes i use improper punctuation and phrases........lol.......heck i can't even do capitol letters to start a sentence and stop at one period?......i will try to refrain from the use of quotation marks......and i am not uncomfortable with you questioning me.......i have thick skin.......

Your football team isn't as good as the state east of us either.....Go Bucks!!

Urban did exactly what I thought he would do which is take OSU to the top......no doubt he is one hell of a coach......I think Harbaugh will do the same......couldn't be more excited in terms of getting him at Michigan! 

I don't think chaos would occur if the dead week would occur a week later for those teams that would like to participate in this event. Most states don't have this particular rule but I do know some states observe a moratorium that teams declare their dead week date. For there to be chaos you have to convince me that there is a group that is actually monitoring rules such as this and fact of the matter is this is a honor rule so a week later will not create chaos. A opportunity to be flexible with this rule and let these athletes take advantage of the exposure that this tournament provides should be in the best interest of all IHSAA and the student athletes . IMO

I don't think chaos would occur if the dead week would occur a week later for those teams that would like to participate in this event. Most states don't have this particular rule but I do know some states observe a moratorium that teams declare their dead week date. For there to be chaos you have to convince me that there is a group that is actually monitoring rules such as this and fact of the matter is this is a honor rule so a week later will not create chaos. A opportunity to be flexible with this rule and let these athletes take advantage of the exposure that this tournament provides should be in the best interest of all IHSAA and the student athletes . IMO

holy moly i hope you're not insinuating that indiana coaches should "bend" the rule?........(there i go with them quotation marks again!......sorry karl.....lol).......

There is nothing in sixofus' post that suggests any bending or breaking of current rules.  The fact of the matter is that in the eyes of the IHSAA coaches have been bending the rules by scheduling events over the moratorium.  Some have even broken the rules by having contact with their athletes over the moratorium.

sixofus suggestion sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution.  The moratorium is basically an honor rule and the fact that some coaches have not honored the present, forcing the IHSAA to police it, makes it highly unlikely that the IHSAA will entertain the idea of becoming more flexible.  It is much easier to police one week for the entire state than 8-10 weeks.

Is it truly an honor code that can be moved to fit a schedule? I feel like I remember coaches being reprimanded for breaking this rule at the Disney Duals, I may be wrong.

All IHSAA rules are really on the honor system.  The IHSAA is not an investigative body.  They depend on schools to report violations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.