Team State Talk and Predictions

Their lineup has changed probably 5-6 times this year due to sickness and injury. I believe 170,182,220 is not what started the season. And there was 9 starters now that did not wrestle varsity last year. Great coaching job.

So Perry has someone better at 182 than Tonte ?  I don't see them weights making a difference . Penn's biggest hurt may have been the lack of Treber at 195 , Hurt at the Al Smith .Penn Had to shift there lineup to accomodate this hole . I believe Treber decisions Perry's 195 , Osborne decisions Tonte at 182 , and Mammolenti gets a fall at 170 (+2 Penn) . At 120 , Had Slates been in there , I believe he gets decisioned by Elliot (-3 Perry). At 138 I believe Cameron Beam keeps it to a major Decision (-1 Perry). 34-28 Penn . This is a bunch of ifs , it didn't happen and both teams wrestled who they had , and it was one heck of a dual, they will see each other again . 

Your right, there could be "ifs" on both sides of this discussion. It was a great dual and a heck of a comeback when Perry's kids needed to step up and get falls. they pulled them out. They are both great programs and Penn got the best of them last year and Perry did it this year. I'm sure this battle will be going on for years to come.

Your right, there could be "ifs" on both sides of this discussion. It was a great dual and a heck of a comeback when Perry's kids needed to step up and get falls. they pulled them out. They are both great programs and Penn got the best of them last year and Perry did it this year. I'm sure this battle will be going on for years to come.

I think the kid that stepped up the most for Perry was Jordan Napier . I actually thought Penn's Sellis could win this match , or at worst lose a decision .It was a funky scramble , and Napier stuck him, so ya he stepped it up big time .  I knew going in that Perry would get tech falls or falls at 120,126 and 138 . 

Wouldn't of expected anything else Y2. Can we put an Asterick next to there results?

Of course we will, we can't have Penn having any losses without a valid reason.  We'll make sure to note they aren't at full strength and that M109R says they would have won the duals if they were at full strength.

We will declare Penn as the Messageboard State Champions, hopefully that makes you happy.

Of course we will, we can't have Penn having any losses without a valid reason.  We'll make sure to note they aren't at full strength and that M109R says they would have won the duals if they were at full strength.

We will declare Penn as the Messageboard State Champions, hopefully that makes you happy.

Thank you , your the best . 

I don't think chad red has to bump to get anyone I don't see the best 120's bumping to wrestle him. I'm sure Egli would have been a nice match. 2x state champ Fargo champ super 32 champ he's pound for pound the best in Indiana he's a 126. I'm sure we will wrestle everybody at 126 who steps on the mat with him.

I don't think he and Egli would be a good match as Red is a big 126. He is lb for lb the best 126 that Indiana has, but not the best lb for lb in the state. Till he takes a risk and tries to push himself against some of Indianas Elite wrestler, nevermind, that's not going to happen. There was talk yesterday that maybe they were going to bump him up to face Lee and that's why they put Emery in there to get him a match, but that didn't happen. The place would have exploded to see this match and would have been by far the match of the day noatter what the outcome would have been.

I don't think he and Egli would be a good match as Red is a big 126. He is lb for lb the best 126 that Indiana has, but not the best lb for lb in the state. Till he takes a risk and tries to push himself against some of Indianas Elite wrestler, nevermind, that's not going to happen. There was talk yesterday that maybe they were going to bump him up to face Lee and that's why they put Emery in there to get him a match, but that didn't happen. The place would have exploded to see this match and would have been by far the match of the day noatter what the outcome would have been.

I would say an unbiased look at the facts would say he IS the best pound for pound in the state.  It is close between Nick Lee and CR but I would still give the edge to Chad.  I think ontherise's point is that anyone wanting to prove themselves need to go to Red's weight class, not the other way around.

What about Brandon James?

Didn't he beat Red when they weighed the same "lbs"?

I would say an unbiased look at the facts would say he IS the best pound for pound in the state.  It is close between Nick Lee and CR but I would still give the edge to Chad.  I think ontherise's point is that anyone wanting to prove themselves need to go to Red's weight class, not the other way around.

Which goes to me wishing to know the actual weights of the Lee's (and a few other MD wrestlers) to know what kind of flexibility they could have.  I think MD would have moved Nick down to 126 if he made that weight, my guess is he either can't or hasn't pushed himself to do so since he is wrestling 132 (probably smart too).  

I wonder if MD would have bumped up Nick, Joe and Blake each up a class if the finals were decided.  At the point of the 132 match, it was too close and MD needed a decisive win from Nick to insert a reserve there just to get a fan-friendly match up with Brandon at 138. That said, it was also a great way to test the freshman Joe to let him know where he is right now.  That match will likely help him later this year.  

As far as Chad Red goes, I don't think anyone is saying Chad NEEDS to bump up to challenge anyone, but it sure would be nice and fun to see it happen and it would be a great challenge for him personally.  I'm a huge Nick Lee fan, but I'm not so sure I would want to make a prediction in that match.  But the argument of the best should come to him doesn't really hold water when you have weight limits.  The most challenging match up for Chad would be for him to move up, unless Nick weighs less and we don't know it.  There is no one else that provides that quality of a challenge.  So that idea is great in concept, but in reality, IF Chad wants to take on the challenge, he needs to bump up.  But I don't think anyone should say he HAS to do so or is less legit if he doesn't.  I mean, Floyd Mayweather NEEDS to fight Manny Pacquiao, he doesn't need to step up to fight Gennady Golovkin or Vladimir Klitschko (extreme example, I know)!  

I would say an unbiased look at the facts would say he IS the best pound for pound in the state. It is close between Nick Lee and CR but I would still give the edge to Chad. I think ontherise's point is that anyone wanting to prove themselves need to go to Red's weight class, not the other way around.

I don't think Nick Lee needs to prove himself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.