Team State Talk and Predictions

Last weekend's Mater Dei Tourney line-up:

Red 126

Lee 132

Lee 138

Don't think you gonna get the match-up you want.  What you will get is a rematch of White vs. Luigs at 113 (White won 4-3 on 12/30), and Starks vs. Egli at 120 may be decent.

I think White and Luigs wont be as close as last time with White the victor. And it depends on which Stark wrestles Egli. Stark lost to the St. Xavier's kid in the quarters the beat him soundly for 3rd and 4th, but I think Egli Majors him if not worse. In my opinion the Konrath vs. Egli match was the best finals match at the holiday classic. 

My Predictions

1A: Prairie Heights, Adam Central, Milan, Monrovia

2A: Yorktown, Bellmont, Mount Vernon, Southmont

3A: Mater Dei, Penn, Cathedral, Warren Central

Just My Opinion 

3A--#1 EMD , #2Perry ,#3Penn

Penn will get exposed from 126-145 . Slates hasnt been 100% all year and Injury defaulted out of the Al smith . If he can't wrestle,that leaves another hole at 120 , and a little much to overcome with the likes of EMD and Perry . Also , Kyle Treber (195) Injury defaulted out of the Al Smith and don;t know if he will wrestle  Not sure Penn could beat EMD fully healthy with Beam , Treber and Slates . 

My Predictions

1A: Prairie Heights, Adam Central, Milan, Monrovia

2A: Yorktown, Bellmont, Mount Vernon, Southmont

3A: Mater Dei, Penn, Cathedral, Warren Central

Just My Opinion

How about Central Noble over Milan, is that an upset?

I was wondering if anyone was privy to what weight Nick Lee weighed in this morning.   MD inserted Kyle Embry against Red.  Red pinned him.  Lee won by pin in :14.  MD wins dual 56-9.  Luigs beat White 1-0 in SV1.  Great match.  Starks - Egli was never close.  Egli handled him easily.

I don't like the way Forzley wrestles.  He's way too high and does nothing but try and out muscle the other guy.  He got himself in so much trouble in the match against Goddard.  He deserved to lose and quite frankly, I'm surprised it was as close as it was.

@ 152 - Does anyone know what Mitch Lehman actually weighs?  He looks smaller than the guys he's wrestling.  He was a SS qualifier 2 years ago and didn't wrestle last year and has been really struggling this year.  Wondering if he is wrestling up in weight because of the logjam with the Lee's and Blake Jourdan?  In fact, I don't recall seeing a MD wrestler completely dominated like he was against Dominik Herrick.

Anybody know what the hell happened at the end of the 2nd period in the Anslinger - Young match?  The girls scoring it were confused as hell.  It looked like Anslinger should have had 2 back points, but I kept hearing something about 2 penalty points.  Anyone?

I'm not too surprised Tonte won(especially with Mammolenti wrestling up), but I didn't know Tonte had made 182 yet this year, until I saw he also wrestled 182 against Cathedral. Congrats to him on the big win.

On another note, Penn seems to be doing great against Perry, winning swing matches at 106, 152, and 285. Warren Central also doing better than I expected against Mater Dei.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.