Team State Talk and Predictions

Final Results

160 Forzley MD dec Milner 8-3                        MD 3-0

170 Buedel MD maj dec Marion 19-9               MD 7-0   Great match, lots of back points.  Buedel goes for broke!

182 Bassemier MD dec Miller 8-5                    MD 10-0

195 Tonte PM fall over Anslinger 3:10             MD 10-6

220 Wilderman MD dec Tassef 4-2                  MD 13-6

285 Ridle PM fall over Butler 1:03                    MD 13-12

106 Nier PM dec Weidner 9-7                          PM 15-13 Nier controlled; Weidner w/ a flurry @ end w/ back pts

112 Luigs MD fall over Servies 5:53                 MD 19-15 Huge late pin for a 2 point swing from a major!

120 Elliot III PM dec Egli 3-2                            MD 19-18

126 Johnson MD dec Uk 9-6                            MD 22-18

132 N. Lee MD TF over Napier 28-13              MD 27-18  Is that a win for PM?

138 James PM dec J. Lee 8-2                          MD 27-21

145 Jourdan MD maj dec Warren 14-5             MD 31-21 Locked it up for MD

152 Johnson PM fall over Lehman 0:44           MD 31-27

Mater Dei back on top!

Great day of wrestling. My only complaint about the tournament was the LONG breaks in between rounds. I understand the need, but it seemed silly that so many 2 hour plus breaks existed in between some wrestlers matches. Also, I thought it was unfortunate that red and his father did not decide to bump up and take the challenge. The match would have been one for the ages, and although I believe lee would win, the match would allow two of the pound for pound best wrestlers in the state and maybe in state history to challenge one another. At the point the match would have occured, the dual was decisively over. It would not have made any difference in the dual. Nothing against the kid, but I believe that to be the best you must beat the best. These two kids are the best, and it would have gotten a lot of attention and gained both kids a national competition quality opponent. There are wrestlers around the country that travel thousands of miles to get quality competition, with an opponent like lee in front of you, you've got to take it.

Alias I would like to agree with you on the matter of chad red and the desicions made by not wrestling up to compete in one of the greatest wrestling matches that many of us would have had the opportunity to see. There was a trend a couple of weeks ago called "dodging red?" But I wonder if it would not be better off called "red dodging?" My reasoning being that chad already has a state championship and lee is well on his way to winning one this year. For lack of better phrases, they don't have anything better to be wrestling for then the opportunity to not only strive for greatness but also to achieve it, and it's like you said, to be the best you have to beat the best. Also that's really the only chance they have to upset evansville mater dei, between new pals lack of strong heavier weights and the two lees, the only way to take a shot at beating mater dei for them is to beat one of the lees, and the only person with the ability to do that possibly in all of the state is chad red. It's the state championship you've got to take some risk... Plus I didn't pay all that money for 2 hour breaks, lets see some show downs

I don't think chad red has to bump to get anyone I don't see the best 120's bumping to wrestle him. I'm sure Egli would have been a nice match. 2x state champ Fargo champ super 32 champ he's pound for pound the best in Indiana he's a 126. I'm sure we will wrestle everybody at 126 who steps on the mat with him.

Would of loved to see a Healthy Penn team vs Perry , didn't happen . Maybe next time . Congrats to Perry . All 3 teams are pretty darn close , EMD, PM and PENN. Should be interesting next year as well, EMD loses 6 seniors , PM loses 5 and Penn loses 4 . Add Portage into the discussion as well , as they will compete for a state championship . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.