Notable upsets

1prouddad

Connor Willis (126) was seeded at #1 in the Mooresville Tournament and will not place in the top 8. His younger brother, Carson (113), was seeded at #5 and was also put out early. I had high expectations regarding both of these boys and was unimpressed with what seemed like their lack of conditioning. They both appeared to be in control of the matches they lost until the last 2.5 minutes. However, they are both young and will hopefully continue to grow and learn. I'm hoping they pull it together before Sectionals/Regionals.

I was pissed at the lack of effort in the St x match should of won, Wargel match was tied 4-4 when Wargel won a scramble and stuck him. Your taking away from both of them to call them "Bad" losses, they did end up finishing 3/4 with Miles winning a wild one 12-9. Are we happy with that no got a month to get better and make another run to TheBank. Was Quinn over rated coming into this YES but rankings are just opinions, and everyone has one.

Quinn was the highest returning SQ/medalist/champ at 138. He was undefeated before the mater dei classic. I don't feel he was overrated I feel like he was only 3 returning guys with state experience without a loss. Just the opinion of the guy doing the rankings

Not bashing you Mike, some folks down south seem to of felt that way, but it's hard to put an incoming freshmen at the top of list before he's wrestled anyone, right. If Quinn hadn't missed acouple weeks to start year I'm sure the rankings would have had him more in line with where he should be. Joe Lee is everything I had heard he was, good luck to all these kids and hope to see them at SS.

Quinn was the highest returning SQ/medalist/champ at 138. He was undefeated before the mater dei classic. I don't feel he was overrated I feel like he was only 3 returning guys with state experience without a loss. Just the opinion of the guy doing the rankings

Please do not think that because somebody gets to state and others don't , that they are better. Remember how Harris got to state, yes he did what he had to do but if he is in  any other quarter bracket he doesn't go.

Correct way to rank.  IMHO

Wargel should be ranked.  I believe Ramsey is at 138 and has only two losses.

Not necessarily upsets but at Mooresville there were a few notable matches-

120- B Bailey over T Futrell fall

126- Z Melloh over C Willis 7-6

160- G Koontz over I Kemper 7-3

170- B Harvey over D Jackson 5-1

195- B Rypel over R Scott fall

Please do not think that because somebody gets to state and others don't , that they are better. Remember how Harris got to state, yes he did what he had to do but if he is in  any other quarter bracket he doesn't go.

He did beat a 3 seed 9-7 and pinned a 2 seed in 3:04 at semi-state last year.

106- #9 Noah Hunt BS over #2 Klayton Anderson HSE maj. dec

132- #9 Griffin Schermer BS over #7 Jack Chastain HSE dec.

145- unranked Brennan Barlow BS over #15 Jimmy Wallace HSE dec.

unranked Brennan Barlow BS over #9 Austin Smith Lebanon dec.

At the North Montgomery Duals

106- #9 Noah Hunt BS over #2 Klayton Anderson HSE maj. dec

132- #9 Griffin Schermer BS over #7 Jack Chastain HSE dec.

145- unranked Brennan Barlow BS over #15 Jimmy Wallace HSE dec.

unranked Brennan Barlow BS over #9 Austin Smith Lebanon dec.

At the North Montgomery Duals

Hunt didn't wrestle Anderson

Barlow didn't wrestle Wallace either according to Bloomington South's records on TrackWrestling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.