Over Looked?

cdpd8b

Wondering what the Team Duals Rankings criteria are?  Perhaps North Montgomery was overlooked?  Only has 3 losses....HSE...1 to Yorktown  by a closer score than #3 Mt. Vernon, . Beats #5 Southmont and has a loss to Lebanon that had a somewhat competitive dual with Ytown with a stronger lineup than they had against their loss to Southmont....just curious...Numbers for Team state once again are kinda obscured....1st year, North beat Southmont and Danville in regular duals, and they went to Team State...next year, North doesnt have the numbers to get an automatic bid, but gets voted in and is the Runner Up....now, once again, North puts up a competitive showing against Lebanon and beats Southmont outright..Now...I am not whining or being critical, however I would really like to know how this is factored for the current rankintgs.

Thanks

Darrell

I think he's wanting to know why North Mongomery isn't in the rankings that are being posted for this year. The teams in the 2A rankings that are being posted on here are showing stats for this year, which will be used (along with results from sectional, regional, SS, and state results) to determine next years participants at Team State. I know it's a complex deal, so I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's not referring to this years event.

They don't have any quality wins.

So...beating #5 2A ranked and #4 State tournament seeded Southmont is not considered a quality win?...since when did we start ranking and seeding non quality teams?  and yes Arch74...thats exactly what I was talking about essentially,,,,,however, for the third year in a row, as I have discussed with tournament type influences, going by the numbers doesnt always paint the big picture..as has been proved, at least at the 2A level ...and I believe North is the ONLY 2A NON Ranked team to have beaten a Ranked team this year...but I could be wrong...going through all the  posted results, well..I just dont have that much time on my hands

North Montgomery lost to the #8 ranked team, Lebanon. The win you are hanging their hat on, Southmont, beat Lebanon.

Southmont has beaten several top 30-40 state teams.

North Montgomery will need a better dual win on their resume to move up in the rankings

Ok...so if I understand correctly, hanging your hat on a win over #5 and losing by 10 to #8  as an Unranked team just isnt good enough.....Got it...but im not really worried about it,,,this team only has 3 seniors and a junior, rest are fresh/soph...so all is good

It's not just your team against the #10 team, there are plenty of other teams right there too. Fact is, I have to take the three way between Southmont, Lebanon and North Mongomery and look outside those commons for another win to see who deserves to be on top of that group of three.

Honestly, north Montgomery will need to wrestle a tougher dual schedule if they are concerned about being ranked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.