Al Smith Invite December 30-31st

crosstownrivals

wouldn't call this one an upset....levitz is WAY underrated.....he is one solid tuff wrestler.....when he caught tony in that headlock it was over....his loss to pruitt in the semis was closer than that score indicates......he had pruitt twice on his back in that nasty headlock, but pruitt worked his way out.....luckily tony was able to avenge his loss to levitz in the 3rd place final but i see some tuff rematches in the near future......

the al smith was once again an awesome tournament with some fantastic wrestling both days....... 

just curious as to how many backpoints did he get with those 2 nasty headlocks that had Pruitt on his back? plz correct me if I am wrong but I say those 2 nasty headlocks got him 0 NF and if you ask me the score most certainly showed how the match went....it should have been 21-6 but the ref took away 2 NF points for Pruitt also the match was millimeters from being over by fall at the buzzer in the 2nd period.....just saying if you wanna make a loss by your kid seem more relevant don't downplay another kid to do so.....

I believe that Portage was in this tourney in the late 80s.  

In 94 they went to Kokomo Invite, then started going to N. Mont in 95.

I still am not happy with JD Minch for making me coach on New Years Eve when I was in my 20s!

Couldn't remember what year they left but I do remember wrestling McKinney at the tournament, Thanks.

Also I am pretty sure Bobby Joe has plenty of comments for the New Years Eve in your 20's reply!

just curious as to how many backpoints did he get with those 2 nasty headlocks that had Pruitt on his back? plz correct me if I am wrong but I say those 2 nasty headlocks got him 0 NF and if you ask me the score most certainly showed how the match went....it should have been 21-6 but the ref took away 2 NF points for Pruitt also the match was millimeters from being over by fall at the buzzer in the 2nd period.....just saying if you wanna make a loss by your kid seem more relevant don't downplay another kid to do so....

there isn't any relevance to a loss......a loss is a loss......and i wasn't taking anything away from pruitt.....he is very deserving of his ranking and proved that the last couple of days.....but give credit where credit is due.....levitz in my opinion is under rated......if you don't think so, well you're entitled to your opinion even if you're wrong.....lol

There were so many forfeits this year. It would be great to see them drop teams with more than 5 or 6 forfeits and bring in schools with full lineups. When forfeits are advancing further than actual wrestlers, it's time for a change.

I think the way to keep this tournament as top-notch as it is would be to let current teams know that if you do not have a wrestler from your school place in the top 8, then you will not be invited back the next year...

I think the way to keep this tournament as top-notch as it is would be to let current teams know that if you do not have a wrestler from your school place in the top 8, then you will not be invited back the next year...

I think the flu season had something to do with the forfeits...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.