Marion County Tournament- Toughest tournament of the weekend

fcwrestler

This could be one of the closer County tournaments in awhile. I believe Perry pulls it out over Warren, each could have 4 or 5 champions. BD, LN and FC will definatley play a huge roll in the outcome of this tourney. Could come down to bonus points and 3-7th place finishes.

1-Perry

2-WC

3-LN

4-FC

5-BD

Looks to be a great tournament with some really tough weight classes.  I look forward to a big crowd (hopefully)!   If however, you can't make it, I will be trying to live stream (portions) of the tournament to youtube. There will be more information on this today and tomorrow.  The stream will be available through Trackwrestling.com on the tournament's page.  No need to go out and search for it. 

Again....more info on this later. 

Wow there is so much talent in Marion county!  There should be some fantastic matchups.

Tommy Cash vs Brandon James final at 138 will be the highest profile match of the season thus far.

We've already had two 1 vs. 2's this year and we haven't even hit the holiday tournaments. This will be the 3rd!

I am still shocked to see smiley at the 5 seed@52 !!!

Especially with him being the Marion Co. Champ last year, it truly is hard to believe that he is the 5th seed....knowing he won it @ 38 last year & now up 2 weights might keep him from being the #1 & the fact that he lost this yr H2H against the #1 seed but 5th?? I think he should have been the #2/#3 regardless.....  I agree with you on this weight and several more....im guessing there was some angry people leaving that meeting last night....

Being in attendance was great again this weekend. Stinks that I have to choose between the city and county tournaments. But over the past decade the city has became nothing. In the 80s when I started going to watch the city was a power. The county is dominate now. Perry Meridian just had what it toon in the final matches. Huge swing matches for them over Warren Central at 126 145 152. @26 Perrys wrestler didn't do really anything the whole match. Countered a takedown at the end for a win. He did indeed fight off about 7 takedown attempts from the Warren wrestler. 45 the perry guy just frankly beat the Warren guy. Mat awareness is something the Warren kid might want to work out in the future. 52 just seemed to be two hard nosed kids. Good match. Perry kid just was better in the end and def on the mat. Ellis takedown was just a throwby? Idk what was so amazing about it. I thought lil Ellis riding was the thing that kept him in the match. Hard hard ride that scared the Warren kid

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.